A young old lucid dreamer

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
11:11

A young old lucid dreamer

Postby 11:11 » 20 Apr 2016 13:46

Hello people!

I come from Congo (central Africa) but I now leave in Belgium (Europe).
Most of my life I've talked about my lucid dreams, OBE and Astral Travels to my brother and sisters and to my wife but for some reasons I felt the need to share it on a forum.

I've been seeing "things" since I'm a child (I'm now 36) and I've had quite a "bunch" of Lucid Dreams and a few Astral Travel (and or OBE).

In the following days, I would like to share a few things in the appropriate forum sections :
1. Some peculiar experiences during my OBEs/Astral Travel and what made them different than Lucid Dream (Yes, I think there is a difference and notice that I put OBE in the same category than Astral Travel).

2. How being a father (of 3 children) heavily impacted my night travels, well I almost lost the opportunity to meditate and astral travel. I would like to know if other people have the same experience of being a parent without much time on their hand and the impossibility to sleep beyond 6am and what is their tip and tricks to manage to trigger Lucid Dreams. I still can do them but it's now so rare as i'm mostly exhausted.

3. My new found purpose in doing Lucid Dreams and Astral Travel, I used to do all the usual stuffs (flying etc.) but after a while I got "bored" and found out that, well, it is possible to go "beyond" and go deeper!

4. Another discovery, life is actually a dream that you need to be lucid in. Lucid Dreaming while you sleep is some sort of "training" but the ultimate goal is realise that state while being awake. At least that is my point of view.

Hope to read you all soon and I'll write soon on all these.

Cheers and have nice dreams, make them come alive and live your dreams.

Summerlander

Re: A young old lucid dreamer

Postby Summerlander » 20 Apr 2016 14:51

Hi and welcome, 11:11! 8-)

My mother is from Angola, I'm European, and I currently reside in the UK with my wife and three children. (We seem to have more in common than just being lucid dreamers!) :)

11:11 wrote:In the following days, I would like to share a few things in the appropriate forum sections :
1. Some peculiar experiences during my OBEs/Astral Travel and what made them different than Lucid Dream (Yes, I think there is a difference and notice that I put OBE in the same category than Astral Travel).

Help me to understand this a little bit better: How do you differentiate between lucid dreams and astral projection/OBEs knowing that the dream world can pretty much emulate anything real and imagined?

11:11 wrote:4. Another discovery, life is actually a dream that you need to be lucid in. Lucid Dreaming while you sleep is some sort of "training" but the ultimate goal is realise that state while being awake. At least that is my point of view.

My view is that life is only a 'dream' insofar as perception of the world and its events is generated in the brain. As Stephen LaBerge once put it: 'Perception is dreaming constrained by sensory input; dreaming is perception unconstrained by sensory input.' The clarity of insight one gets in a lucid dream is akin to the focus and overall mindfulness attainable in the waking state through meditation. :!:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Postby 11:11 » 20 Apr 2016 18:00

Summerlander wrote:Hi and welcome, 11:11! 8-)

My mother is from Angola, I'm European, and I currently reside in the UK with my wife and three children. (We seem to have more in common than just being lucid dreamers!) :)

Ohh, how nice. Angola is the country just south of Congo. So we're even neighbors ;)

Summerlander wrote:Help me to understand this a little bit better: How do you differentiate between lucid dreams and astral projection/OBEs knowing that the dream world can pretty much emulate anything real and imagined?

I don't know if its the right Forum section for that, I wanted to create a different topic but if a moderator would be kind to move it or let me know if I must, I'll do.

To answer your question, without writing an essay or a book I'll just say this:
First of all, as for everything, this is my opinion and my "beliefs" because really, everything is based on our beliefs, rather you think that what Stephen LaBerge, Robert Monroe, Jurgen Ziewe, Michael Talbot and some reknown writters may say in their books and videos, is true or not, it all falls down to one single fact, what do YOU believe in.

So now that it is hopefully clear, I could differentiate Astral Travels from Lucid Dreams by :
1. A "Feeling". This one is of course impossible to describe, I just knew in my Lucid Dreams that everything I was seeing although extremely clear and vivid was still a video game/virtual reality being the product of my wonderful brain.
Now, I can't really describe a feeling, people will just make the difference between the 2 when they experience it. And the author Jurgen Ziewe is able to do it obviously.

2. Several events that were corroborated by external events. For example, I knew I was Astral traveling/OBEing when I remember some specific events during my childhood.

Some examples of events:
- Those events were later confirmed to be "shared" by my brother and confirmed by my mother.
When I was a young kid, I "dreamed" that I was waking up and going outside of my bedroom and walking toward the living room, I could sense a strong light coming from the living room.
When I opened the door, there were several little "entities" in the living room. They were not tall, I would say the size of midgets and they were kind of Green/grayish (maybe they were grays). And when they saw me entering the living room, they all quickly walked or run towards the walls and disappeared.
Now my brother also used to saw them a lot. And my mother sometimes.

It is the fact that the experience was shared by others that I knew, it wasn't a "dream" and not just a "lucid dream".

- On some occasions here in my appartements, I was able to talk to a ghost, talk to 2 "guides" or predict a suicide in an appartement near mine and also predict a plane crash (if you look in google "nepal plane crash august 24 2010") you will find a plane crash that I actually saw while dreaming.
I believe (here comes the beliefs :) that some plane of consciousness (astral or others) enable you to tap into the "template" of our reality, where events and thought forms are about to manifest in our earth plane. So it is possible to predict an event that is CERTAIN to happen.

I could predict a suicide by seeing an hangman from my window. Sometimes later during the month, someone jumped out of his window. Same thing for the plane crash. I could see it.

- Other event letting me know I was Astral traveling in another plane, but this one is debatable by those not believing in Astral projection, is that I could experience the possibility of being at 2 places at once and feel both places.
While lying in my bed, I could astral travel to a place in what I call another dimension, while being there I could sense the wind, hear the sounds, I was fully AWAKE and totally aware of all my senses, like in a very good lucid dream, but at the same time I could sense my body lying in my bed, I could also hear the sounds in my bedroom, I could feel the arm of my wife laying on my chest. I was conscious of both places AT ONCE!
Actually this happened to me twice, the second time, I was coming back from an "Astral Travel" and I came hovering in my bedroom and started entering my body, then I could at the same time see my room from my astral view, everything had a different color and the light was different, and I could see from my physical eyes the same room but like we see things everyday. My view was kind of split in half like if you have 2 monitors on your computer.

- Another event, similar to the one about my brother, is that one 2 occasions I traveled to a specific place in the "astral plane", it was the same place. It had some sort of hollow temples structures with bright light coming from inside and there were a few of those temples along a beach. I knew I had been to that place several times but it actually shocked me when a few years after those "travels" I discovered a drawing on the internet. The drawing (a wallpaper) was quite an accurate representations of the display of those temples, near the beach with a huge vegetation next to them. I saved this wallpaper and used it for several years on my computer, I have it backed up in a CD but I need to look deeper in my backups.

Voilà, those were a few events that led me to believe that there is a difference between Lucid Dreams and Astral projections. Now, what do you believe ?

Of course, some people will say that all those events are just a matter of "consciousness" and I totally agree. After all, EVERYTHING happens within us. The only difference is the expansion of one's consciousness enabling him to experience different circumstances. Some being higher than others and with I believe the objective to fully be IN your experience and expand your consciousness.

If my text is too long or inappropriate for this Forum section, please let me know and I'll move it.
+-------------------------------+

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 21 Apr 2016 10:55

To A Young Old Lucid Dreamer:
Wow. Those are very rich experiences. And those little midget creatures that
disappeared through the walls! Aliens perhaps? I'm only half halfheartedly suggesting
that as a possibility. I'm not a UFO believer per-say but who knows what life forms
are out there?

"Of course, some people will say that all those events are just a matter of "consciousness" and I totally agree. After all, EVERYTHING happens within us. The only difference is the expansion of one's consciousness enabling him to experience different circumstances. Some being higher than others and with I believe the objective to fully be IN your experience and expand your consciousness."

I tend to agree with you.

Is there a difference between lucid dreams and out of the body experiences/astral travel?
I'm inclined to think there is only the "feeling" of out of body, that the feeling is a metaphor
to indicate that consciousness is expanding. Just because I bring back verifiable
information does not mean I had an OBE; at best I could just as easily have been experiencing
a clairvoyance and certainly that happens frequently to some dreamers and lucid dreamers.
I don't think there is a clear cut answer to your question: are lucid dreams and OBE/Astral
travel the same or different. I used to think there was but now I am not so sure. I am struck,
however, by how different near-death experience out of body experiences appear from the
typical non NDE accounts/astral travel etc. Many of the NDE out of body accounts describe
in accurate detail surrounding events. Lucid dream/OBE accounts are not so accurate. When I
had my first experience with what I thought was Astral travel, there were objects in my room
that didn't belong and many other inaccuracies as well.

Maybe in three or four hundred years when science understands consciousness better the
difference between Lucid Dreaming and OBE will be better delineated. Until then, I can only
live with my "not knowing" for sure.

Skippy

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2016 14:13

Interestingly unusual occurrences! I won't express my scepticism here as I've done that ad nauseum but I look forward to reading more about your personal experiences in detail. Again, welcome! Hopefully, your posts will be intriguing and contributive to a better apprehension of the phenomena we are dealing with here, 11:11. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Postby 11:11 » 21 Apr 2016 16:02

Skippy23000 wrote:Is there a difference between lucid dreams and out of the body experiences/astral travel?
I'm inclined to think there is only the "feeling" of out of body, that the feeling is a metaphor
to indicate that consciousness is expanding. Just because I bring back verifiable
information does not mean I had an OBE; at best I could just as easily have been experiencing
a clairvoyance and certainly that happens frequently to some dreamers and lucid dreamers.
I don't think there is a clear cut answer to your question: are lucid dreams and OBE/Astral
travel the same or different. I used to think there was but now I am not so sure. I am struck,
however, by how different near-death experience out of body experiences appear from the
typical non NDE accounts/astral travel etc. Many of the NDE out of body accounts describe
in accurate detail surrounding events. Lucid dream/OBE accounts are not so accurate. When I
had my first experience with what I thought was Astral travel, there were objects in my room
that didn't belong and many other inaccuracies as well.

Hello Skippy,
Like I said, I felt those things, but you are right, everything is part of consciousness. And everything we do is just put labels onto those things. After all those years of "lucid dreaming/astral/obe/everything else", I just take into account ONE THING, and that is the experience I had and what I learned from it. So everything is meaningless, except the experience of I extract from it. Basically, it's like everything I experience when I'm awake, I work on not giving labels to event but just see them as that, event.

Concerning the fact that your first experience showed you different objects in your room, a lot of "astral travelers" and especially Jurgen Ziewe explains it. This is also what I explained a bit in my previous post. Basically, you see a possible, alternate version of your room. That can be one explanation if you like it.

To Summerlander, thanks for the welcome wishes. You seem to be thriving as a sceptic ;) What are your thought on Lucid Dreams, I suppose you have some, do you mostly take the route of Stephen Laberge and view them as just that, dreams or do you infuse a bit of spirituality into it, like Bob Monroe, Jurgen Ziewe etc ?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Apr 2016 18:16

Completely aligned with Stephen LaBerge. I'm very much a sceptic when it comes to real OBEs and astral projection. Still, I am not denying it with the utmost certainty but to me the veracity of your experiences would suggest something akin to the quantum entanglement of minds rather than some paranormal event. I've had a few suggestive experiences myself but these days I tend to consider mundane explanations first.

Once upon a time, in a now defunct website called 'Astral Viewers', there was a credulous Summerlander and others such as Bedeekin, Ryan and Quinqua who were so sure OOBEs were real. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Apr 2016 23:51

11:11, are you a Rodrigo y Gabriela fan? ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Postby 11:11 » 24 Apr 2016 07:36

HAGART wrote:11:11, are you a Rodrigo y Gabriela fan? ;)

Because of my pseudo "11:11"?... no, not at all.

I just love 11:11, for "spiritual" reasons. It means a lot to me in term of synchronicity.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”