Help for when I'm in a lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Gribs

Help for when I'm in a lucid dream?

Postby Gribs » 21 Apr 2016 14:58

So I've been 'training' myself to lucid dream for about a week. I've been taking dreamamins supplements (Pro-Galantamine and Lucid Dreamer) from their website. It's been great - at first I was semi-aware I was dreaming and had some control, but not full. Last night I finally had the realisation that I was dreaming.

It was great. In the past I've woken up in excitement, but this lucid dream went on for a very long time. Problem is, I think a part of myself was preventing me from being fully creative. I tried to make a couple of celebrities appear in my dream, but all of a sudden everything was pixelated and I couldn't get the dream world to look right again.
I tried to create a beach, but instead just got an endless ocean. After squeezing my eyes shut for several seconds in the dream, I finally managed to make sand appear. The thing is, it took immense effort to do so!

This was incredibly annoying and I hope it doesn't happen again. I just wanted to have some fun in my dream but I couldn't even do that! Any advice would be appreciated.

HAGART

Re: Help for when I'm in a lucid dream?

Postby HAGART » 24 Apr 2016 01:05

You fail to realize the fun you already had in your dream.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ThePurple

Re: Help for when I'm in a lucid dream?

Postby ThePurple » 24 Apr 2016 02:44

I know the struggle to get there makes it feel like once you become lucid you've got to go big, but I would suggest that you slow down and not control too much before you have truly experienced what is around you. This will help the pixilation and prolong the dream, too.

Remember that you're in a strange realm where your unconscious and conscious are working together to build a reality. True creativity comes from embracing the unexpected, giving some conscious guidance but then following the plot twists that arise. So you didn't get a beach. Instead of struggling to make little granules of silica, why not dive into the ocean and find some creatures. Or just swim, feel the waves, taste the salt. Perhaps then you will find it easier to swim ashore.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”