Heart Problems

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Carma2016

Heart Problems

Postby Carma2016 » 21 Apr 2016 21:23

Hi,

I used the lucid dream machine for a period and started having heartbeat irregularities and chest pain. I have never had heart problems prior to using the lucid dream machine. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Re: Heart Problems

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Apr 2016 02:17

Which brand of lucid dream machine have you been using?

The following article discusses several different lucid dream machines. -
- "Lucid Dream Machines" - by Rebecca Turner - world-of-lucid-dreaming.com

A common feature of this type of machine seems to be that rapid eye motions, associated with dreaming, will trigger a flashing light, which wakes up the dreamer. Some people apparently try using this kind of device all night long. Then they get frustrated and fatigued because they are awakened too often.

I suspect that this type of repeated sleep interference could contribute to irregular heart rhythm, in some people. It is probable easier to tolerate this a lucid dream machine if it is only used, say, during the last hour or two of sleep, after the body is well rested.

Also, about 8 years ago, I stated having significant problems with atrial fibrillation and sleep apnea. I decided to finally try eating a healthier diet, with emphasis on more vegetables and fruits and less processed, sugary, fatty, salty foods. I now eat less meat, but I can never be a strict vegetarian.

I have been pretty much following nutritional advice from Dr. Joel Fuhrman's books and website. See - - Article - "High Nutrient Density - Dr. Fuhrman" - drfuhrman.com
See the nutritarian food pyramid, G-BOMBS, and ANDI food score.

After switching to this style of eating, over 1 1/2 years, I lost excess weight (with no significant hunger), and my atrial fibrillation and sleep apnea disappeared. I have maintained these health improvements.

Another good website -
- "Ornish Lifestyle Medicine/Nutrition" - ornishspectrum.com

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”