What Now?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Sarrol

What Now?

Postby Sarrol » 22 Apr 2016 08:42

Hi, I live in South Africa. Am 57 years old, but feels like 20. I am glad to be a member of this forum now. From an young age I was interested in OOBE. But since last week I start reading books on LD and OOBE's. 2 Days ago I had my first LD. It just happened! I was lying in bed, relaxed my body and just focused on a shop's name in a shopping mall. That is what I read in one or other book. Then I had a normal dream and suddenly I realized that I was in a LD. I tested things out to see if it was a LD, like was able to see my body in bed. Moving things around in the room. Everything was what I read and expected. I could even feel how I slipped out of that state and back to normal.

Now I want to LD again but am not able up to now. Any suggestions? Am I concentrating to much? Put too much effort into it now?

ThePurple

Re: What Now?

Postby ThePurple » 24 Apr 2016 02:27

Most people do not instantly have lucid dreams every night once they have one. It takes practice to make it a regular thing, so you may not be doing anything wrong, other than being a little impatient. ;)

That said, it definitely happens that people try too hard, or try too many things at once, and exhaust themselves. You haven't said what techniques you're using, so it's hard to say if that's the case for you.

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 28 Apr 2016 11:04

Hello Sarrol:

My Lucid dreaming has ALSO dropped off. Just have
to stay with it. Sometimes we want something so bad, the wanting
gets in the way. Be patient.
Skippy

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 01 May 2016 11:28

Hi Sarrol
I am 84 but also feel very much younger. I lived most of my life in South Africa ( Hence Erichsa ), but I am back in Germany. Softly catch an Monkey is a good approach to practice dreaming. I only started 2012 to learn about Dreaming, and trying often to hard with little success, over time I learned to trough books, forums, video's, to slowly advance, and by now I remember dreams every night with just about every subject ( no scary Dreams any more, I had them at the beginning ) I think if you just keep at it you will have like me a lot of fun in your Night life. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”