What lies beyond the Lucid Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
11:11

What lies beyond the Lucid Dream?

Postby 11:11 » 24 Apr 2016 07:57

I've been doing Lucid Dreams for a very very long time now and after a while I started to get "bored" by all the flying, exploring and stuff. I've been wondering what lies beyond the Lucid Dream.

If we go by the principle that a Lucid Dream is still a dream and that we can control whatever is in it including other people, then what happens when we want to just stop the show ? What happens when you stop playing that video game and wants to see what is the coding behind? What is happening when you ask all actors to stop playing in the movie ?

As anyone experience this ?

MegaVrund789

Re: What lies beyond the Lucid Dream?

Postby MegaVrund789 » 24 Apr 2016 21:09

Remember THE ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR IMAGINATION

WHAT LIES BEHIND IS YOUR SUB Consciousness.\
Your lucid dream is technically a jogging machine where you walk but stay on the same place,only the scene, which is like a whole roll, rolling to the infinities.

Don't just use lucid dreams to enjoy but discover your strengths, because the best are usually chosen for their weaknesses not their strengths.

Use your lucid dreams for motivations.

You're lucid dreams are a passage to the impossible> :D

Hope that helps! Bye!

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Apr 2016 04:32

11:11,
As I slowly gain more experience with lucid dreaming, I hope to, eventually, have some fascinating experiences like those described by lucid dreamers who seek to communicate with "the awareness behind the dreaming."

I recommend the following resources.
(1) Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner
Especially - Chapt. 7 - Experiencing the light of awareness
Chapt. 8 - Connecting with the hidden observer of dreaming
Chapt. 9 The 5 stages of lucid dreaming

Excerpts - pg. 79-81 (The author desires to explore) "beyond 'me' ... my beliefs ... ideas... concerns" - "What was beyond lucid dreaming?"
(He has a dream) "As if in a floating point of light in an expanse of aware, living light, the self-less awareness exists. Here all awareness connects ... all knowledge exists within the brilliant, clear, creamy light of ... pure awareness, knowing light."

Pg. 95 " ... the inner observer exists beyond the dreaming and can communicate with the lucid dreamer ..."

(2) Lucid Dreaming Experience Magazine - Sept. 2013 - dreaminglucid.com
Dream Speak - Interview with Charlie Morley, author of book "Dreams Of Awakening"
"... what dream yoga is about: the union of consciousness withing the dream state."

(3) Books by Namkhai Norbu -
"Cycle Of Day And Night"
"Dream Yoga And The Practice Of Natural Light"
"The Crystal And The Way Of Light"

The author discusses concepts in the tradition of Dzogchen Buddhism - with emphasis on meditation practices leading towards a direct encounter with the Pure Light of Awareness - the vast, spacious Void, pregnant with all potentiality - the primordial/eternal essence of mind and of all things.

(4) Book - "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangal Rinpoche
Pg. - 167 - The Main Practice (one part) - When entering sleep, visualize in the throat area, the letter A, as a symbol of the Body of Light.

Pg. 188 "... if we maintain Pure Presence, we find ourselves in the Clear Light during the night (and) we remain in the nature of mind during the day ..."

Pg. 193 (A fundamental goal is to cultivate) "the power to be free of habitual reactivity when encountering appearances. Like a king sitting on his throne ... you sit on the base of your power, in Pure Awareness."

I will add some resources in my next post.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Apr 2016 05:33

Here are some additional resources regarding the deep stages of consciousness, which may be encountered in lucid dreams. -
(5) Wikipedia - "Implicate and explicate order"

(6) "Quantum Meta-Physics" - by Paul Levy - awakeninthedream.com
(Essay series)

(7) Book - "Flight Of The Wild Gander" by Joseph Campbell
Pg 134-136 "... the bird of the shaman ... (endows him) with an ability to fly in trance beyond all bounds of life, and yet return."

"... the wild gander is a symbol of ... the ultimate transcendent yet immanent ground of all being ..."

"When the symbol is functioning for disengagement, transport, and metamorphosis, it becomes a catapult, to be left behind."

"The shaman ... is to meet directly the mysterium tremendum of the unknown."

(8) Book - "Dakini's Warm Breath: The Feminine Principle In Tibetan Buddhism" by Judith Simmer Brown
A fascinating discussion, with emphasis on Dakini (goddess) lore in Tibetan Buddhism -
Various aspects of the dakini may manifest in a human woman, or a magic goddess (Sky dancer), and at the deepest level, as the dakini archetype which symbolizes the essence of awareness, which is also the the source of all phenomena.

Pg. 137- (Concept of co-emergence)
"Even while the dakini (in her wild dancing) expresses furiously the heat and intensity of the emotional and physical world, the non-conceptual quality of space reigns everywhere."

Pg. 290 - "The dakini's (warm) breath (is) the intimate life breath of all phenomena."

The following 2 references discuss the concept of the Inner or Higher Self, which may be called upon for assistance in psychotherapy for clients with dissociative identity disorder (multiple personality).
(And may be encountered in lucid dreams)

(9) Paper - "The Inner Self Helper and Concepts Of Inner Guidance" by Christine Comstock - scholarsbank.uoregon.edu

(10) "The Two-Part Film Technique" - Academia.edu - academia.edu
(full text)
You need a facebook or Google personal account. There are some initial questions regarding your professional interest. You can enter - "Interested in idea of Higher Self in lucid dreaming". Click "skip" for most questions.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Apr 2016 05:52

Oops. In my above post, for the last resource in the list - "The Two-Part Film Technique" - academia.edu - I forgot to indicate the author - Sarah Krakauer. (Download full PDF text)

Postby 11:11 » 25 Apr 2016 08:42

Hello jasmine2, whoa, you've got a wealth of knowledge right here.
A bit more than a week ago I actually met my higher self or subconscious, whatever people call it. The funny thing is that actually intended to have this meeting and I was pretty satisfied and happy when I woke up.

Thank you for your book suggestions, I'll have a look.

What is your personal experience in this field?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Apr 2016 23:59

If you take away all the visual and audio and touch and all senses in a dream, I imagine you will be in a blank state of mind, in a void if you will, and yet fully lucid.

I've never done that myself, and if I do try to sleep or meditate in a dream, my subconscious either gives me a bizarre show, or I get a false awakening or lucid dream starting from my bed.

It's definitely worth trying to ignore all that is happening, and focus on your own feeling and state of mind you are in at the moment.

In my experience, when I tried to think about it and analyze it in a dream, I can only point to the top of my head and feel like all thought is there, instead of in my forehead, which is were I feel I am residing and thinking when awake. I don't care if that makes sense; it made sense to me.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 28 Apr 2016 11:15

Hello 11:11
Robert Waggoners book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Innerself deals with this.
He discovered that there is a "consciousness" that stands behind the dream, a kind
of hidden observer, a helper if you like. His suggestion is that you shout/ask the "consciousness"
behind the dream to show you something that you need to know.
Also, how you phrase your questions determine the kind of experience you get.
I had been lucid dreaming off and on for years and never stumbled upon this "consciousness"
behind the dream until I read Waggoners book. What a difference this technique makes! Read the book and try it. Amazon has it or check out out of your library.
Keep us posted on how this works out. It might take more than one try but it will work.
Skippy

Postby 11:11 » 28 Apr 2016 12:48

Skippy23000 wrote:Hello 11:11
Robert Waggoners book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Innerself

Thank you Skippy, I'll definitely read that book.
The experience I had the other day kind of confirm what you just said.

Regards.

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 06 May 2016 15:36

Keep us posted! :D
Skippy

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”