Finally!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
plokijjikolp

Finally!

Postby plokijjikolp » 25 Apr 2016 13:11

I finally had my first (recorded) lucid dream! And to think I was never going to..
THE DREAM:
I was walking down a road with thick bush around it and a couple houses, when it hit me: This was a dream! I didn't feel grounded, so I continued walking and I felt the concrete road. Suddenly, I was grounded and immersed: IT FELT SO REAL, Yet I was in a dream created by my mind. I felt the cold air and slight breeze of New York, and I smelled a scent of some sort of plant. I thought about conjuring a friend, but I remembered something I learned: Expectation VS Conjuration. I thought "Oh, I remember calling Harry and telling him to meet up ahead!". I thought about running really fast, and I sprinted up the road. I thought it was a road I recognized, but it was totally different. "Oh, he should be around the corner!" and I turned right. He wasn't there. I turned right again, still not there. I was a bit disappointed, but it was my first lucid, so you get what you get.
I saw my 1st period teacher sitting on a low tree branch. He said something around the lines of "So, you created me?" I believe we had a conversation about it being a dream, but
I eventually lost lucidity. However, later in the dream I remember referencing how it was a dream, but I wasn't lucid. Thanks subconscious!
It was SO REAL! Now I know what they say about it! I had a couple dreams before then, nothing too interesting to put on here. Overall, pretty long for beginning lucid dream (about a minute or two).
Dreams as of 4/25/16:
Lucids: 1 DILD
FAs: 0
Recorded dreams: 18

ThePurple

Re: Finally!

Postby ThePurple » 26 Apr 2016 00:25

:D high-five!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2016 13:40

congrats on your first lucid dream.

For some reason looking for things around corners doesnt work well for me either, instead what works well for me when bringing someone into my dream is get them to come to me. I find this works well if one is in a house. Think of the person being in next room or entering the home you are in and think of them heading to whatever room you are in. I then find they just walk into throu the door. Just hold the expectation they are coming till they appear
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

plokijjikolp

Postby plokijjikolp » 27 Apr 2016 03:00

Thanks for the advice! Hope I get more Lucids to share.
Dreams as of 4/25/16:
Lucids: 1 DILD
FAs: 0
Recorded dreams: 18

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 28 Apr 2016 11:18

Hello plokijjikolp:
Congrats. Hope you share more lucid dreams but please...don't use that
purple color. I had a hard time reading it. :lol:
Skippy

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 May 2016 05:31

My eyes were tearing up, reading the pink on blue background, with the text jumping out at me, but I got through it. :D

I didn't read the other replies. I will just say, congratulations, and yes, lucid dreaming can be VERY REAL. Any sense we have while awake is in our minds, so of course we can have the same in a lucid dream. Water always blows me away. I can't believe how I can dip my hand in water and feel 'wet' or 'cold' and even dive in and get out, having wet, heavy clothes.

Our brains are reality generators, only interpreting waves, so of course a dream can be very 'real' once it starts generating reality without external stimuli. I put, 'real', in quotes because I can't define it anymore and dove of the deep end. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anyone want to join me? I'm skinny dipping, naked with nothing but my mind.

(Was that poetic, or creepy?)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 May 2016 06:20

congrats on your first lucid

seeking out people in a dream doesnt work for me either, or I may spot them ahead and be trying to catch up but keep loosing them. When you are looking for them, you are also sending a message to yourself that they may not be there yet. eg "Im looking"

Instead I bring them to me which works for myself far better. eg think about them heading your way and that you will see them in a moment. If you are in a house, listen for their footsteps coming towards the door and expect the door to be opening soon when they arrive. You are creating a situation where you know where they will appear.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”