Flying machine

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
bob_syr

Flying machine

Postby bob_syr » 26 Apr 2016 22:43

A busy dream up on the campus looking for somebody, a professor from the previous year. He wasn't around. He had something I wanted for somebody. I kept going back to get hints. Things like past papers, or writing on the wall to find him. Meantime I was walking around the campus. It was a beautiful day. There was a beach near Crouse College. I could see the bottom, very clear water. I was flying, I had some kind of flying machine that was very responsive. Could take off and land quickly and wherever I needed to go. Landed near a group of people and nobody thought anything of it. They must see this all the time. But no matter what I kept going back to this one room to find this person. A lot of students around soaking up sun. A very involved dream, I can't think of all that happened. – end of dream

Who? – Self, others
Where? – Dream campus
When? – 60s
Percent possibility index – 43%
Enjoyment scale 1 (low) to 10 (high) – 6

Précis: [awake] Very much a dream, there is no such beach there [33%]. Could see the bottom, very clear water [radiance]. Flying [14%]? A very involved dream, I can't think of all that happened, maybe I will as I type it in to the computer An on-going tale of some sort. Other people involved, unidentified so I can't think of who they are. Reminiscent of a bathroom dream, which I don't have any more.

ThePurple

Re: Flying machine

Postby ThePurple » 27 Apr 2016 04:41

I'm curious, where did you get the idea to do "percent possibility index" and "enjoyment scale" assessment?

bob_syr

Re: Flying machine

Postby bob_syr » 01 May 2016 21:27

Average up the items in the dream in terms of how possible they are. For instance, the small flying machine would be about a 3% possibility and the sudden appearance of a sand beach where there was no water before, about 2%. Also take items that are physically possible but unlikely and do a quick average to get the possibility total. Enjoyment is just from 1 to 10, 1 being the worst kind of nightmare and 10 being a spectacular date with the likes of Angelina Jolie. Bob Syr

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”