Scared while lucid

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Basa

Scared while lucid

Postby Basa » 28 Apr 2016 21:29

Hi, i need some help. I started lucid dreaming a long time ago. My first lucid dream was when i had 5 years, that including my dead grandfather telling me the basics of dreams. I'm 14 now, for like 6 years i knowed when i have a nightmare, and i could wake up whenever i want and wake up in reality and then fall asleep instantly having a new good dream. I'm soo scared of jumpscares , and here comes the problem, whenever i'm lucid my mind it's all about jumpscares, here will appear something scary, if you close your eyes there will something to scare you, etc... And when i know i'm lucid i just leave the dream, because i'm too scared, it's nothing in my mind just something scary.

I want to explore my dreams, being calm.
Can someone give me some advices, to face my fears?

MegaVrund789

Re: Scared while lucid

Postby MegaVrund789 » 28 Apr 2016 22:55

What I suggest you really do is try mediating because like you should just let go of the fear inside.

Specialy when your lucid. Try to sink your head into the fact that nothing can happen toyou when your lucid.
I know how you fell about jumpscares. LIke trust me when I was going to have my first lucid dream, I was scared that something gonna pop up in my head!

But no because it comes and goes at your will. If you think your gonna have a jumpscare, it's gonna come to you.

You should try to believe the fact that nothing is going to happen, and just don't believe it, It's the Ultimate Truth!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!==================:)

P.S, Don't be scared!!!!!

Basa

Postby Basa » 28 Apr 2016 23:08

@MegaVrund789 In one of my dreams when i was lucid i was like, well, it's time to scare me, it's time to think about something scary and maybe that will help me with my fears. But nothing appeared.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 29 Apr 2016 00:38

Basa wrote:@MegaVrund789 In one of my dreams when i was lucid i was like, well, it's time to scare me, it's time to think about something scary and maybe that will help me with my fears. But nothing appeared.

This is very interesting! You were expecting to be scared but also expecting to overcome it, so your mind was like "ok, screw it, I won't even try."

Remember that. Use that. You're golden.

11:11

Postby 11:11 » 29 Apr 2016 08:17

Basa wrote:I want to explore my dreams, being calm.
Can someone give me some advices, to face my fears?

First of all, everything is make up by YOU.

There is a story of someone who was constantly being chased by an horrible killer in his dreams.
Night after night he was fleeing, fearing for his life.
One day he was fed up of this same recurring dream, he felt asleep and was again chased by the killer.
After a while he just stopped and turned toward the killer and yelled : "WHY ARE YOU CHASING MEEEE?!!!"

The killer stopped and shouted in return with an annoyed tone : "I DON'T KNOW, THIS IS YOUR DREAM!"

Now personally I had the same thing, a bit similar to this story.
I was chased by lion after a while I stopped running, I turned toward the lion and faced him, it just stopped running and vanished.
Another time I was chased by Monster and witches, I just stopped running, turned toward them and they all stopped running also and they stood there staring at me with emptiness in their faces.
I just knew, they were projections of myself.

Since then, I've never been chased or scared in my dreams, and it has been YEARS!

In summary, if you want to face your fears... face them!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 May 2016 06:06

Basa wrote:@MegaVrund789 In one of my dreams when i was lucid i was like, well, it's time to scare me, it's time to think about something scary and maybe that will help me with my fears. But nothing appeared.

that's the way to go, just face your fear till it goes away.

I broke my ribs in a lucid dream while trying to fly so then become scared of experiencing pain in my dreams. I overcame this by when I got into a lucid nightmare, instead of waking myself up, I allowed myself to be eaten alive by the zombies to show myself I had nothing to fear. They ate my legs off and though I felt it, it didnt hurt at all.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”