Question about first LD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Aldren

Question about first LD

Postby Aldren » 30 Apr 2016 09:30

Hi everyone, last night, I had what seemed to be my first lucid dream but I'm not really sure about it. I used the WBTB+MILD method, so I woke up I read some stuff and went back to sleep. 1h30 later I woke up, and although I was remembering it, it wasn't a lucid dream. So I tried again and still the same thing. But I re-tried again and I had a kind of lucid dream. When I realized I was lucid, I tried to pass my finger through my palm but it didn't work (I search a bit about it and it seems it happened to nobody else), but if I turned my hand over I could see my finger as if my palm was transparent. After this I realized it was weird so I looked at my second hand (which had a little hole and with non-straight fingers, I don't know if it matters). Then I closed my eyes and I woke up, but I felt like it was half a dream and half made up by my mind even if I tend to think it was an actual dream.
So I wonder if it is possible for our brain/mind to make up a lucid dream but it's not true ?

ThePurple

Re: Question about first LD

Postby ThePurple » 30 Apr 2016 20:40

Aldren wrote:I tried to pass my finger through my palm but it didn't work (I search a bit about it and it seems it happened to nobody else), but if I turned my hand over I could see my finger as if my palm was transparent. After this I realized it was weird so I looked at my second hand (which had a little hole and with non-straight fingers, I don't know if it matters).

It definitely happens to plenty of people that RCs don't work, at least in the way they are expected to. If it helped you to realize that things were not as they should be if you were awake, though, it wasn't exactly useless!

Aldren wrote:Then I closed my eyes and I woke up, but I felt like it was half a dream and half made up by my mind even if I tend to think it was an actual dream.
So I wonder if it is possible for our brain/mind to make up a lucid dream but it's not true ?

What is a dream if not made up by your mind? ;)
But seriously, I get what you're saying. It's a bizarre sensation, to be conscious in a dream, and it's very common for that to cause confusion the first few times about whether or not it was the real deal. It was.

Return to “For Beginners”