Skinny vs fat!

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
bob_syr

Skinny vs fat!

Postby bob_syr » 02 May 2016 21:30

Beginning of dream: If the shoe fits . . ?
Walk or bike or drive, traversing up Comstock about a mile or a bit more, I returned back without my shoes having lost them on the trail. I went back and found one shoe and get this—my other shoe was there at the house. Did I make the trip wearing one shoe? It seemed like a paradox in the dream. The rest takes place around the University business district, around Crouse Avenue, Marshall Street, and Waverly. Bill Smith, a thin guy, was leaving to move someplace. We had an apartment on Crouse Avenue. We had a professor staying with us, a very entertaining guy, he was a good actor, mimic and did voices and imitations. He was corpulent. I saw him across the street talking to a person, maybe giving directions and he had the guy in stitches with his antics. Bill Smih’s job involved route sales. He’d go around to grocery stores and restaurants. I went with him one day, the last day he was there. My then wife and I, and our daughter were planning to take a trip. . to fly out west. We lived next door to one of Bill Smith’s customers, a small food store. I went with Bill there and then to one other customer on Crouse. --end of dream

Who? – Ex wife, daughter, self, overweight professor, Bill Smith, lady who owned shop next door
Where? – Comstock, Crouse Avenue, Waverly, Marshall Street
When? – 80s
Percent possibility index – 44%
Enjoyment scale 1 (low) to 10 (high) – 6

Précis: [awake] Shoe paradox. Seemed like one in the dream but awake I though of a few solutions. I lost the first shoe at the house and walked the whole trail not noticing it. If I was with vehicle I might not notice it all that much. The two visitors in the dream, Bill Smith (thin) and the professor (fat) may represent myself. Maybe that I should quit trying to get thin (Bill was leaving) and the talented fat professor (develop my own talents, voices etc.) and sense of humor. Maybe not.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”