What does a transition to a MILD or FILD feel like?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidCamostar34

What does a transition to a MILD or FILD feel like?

Postby LucidCamostar34 » 03 May 2016 12:51

I did a FILD but all I felt was vibrating. What does a transition to a MILD feel like? I'm kinda afraid I'm gonna hear creepy sounds and stuff. Sometimes it can go from MILD to WILD, what does that feel like? :/

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
We can only dream....

HAGART

Re: What does a transition to a MILD or FILD feel like?

Postby HAGART » 06 May 2016 02:28

That's a great question. What is it like to transition into a dream? I've had many, even before I knew what to call it and wrote down my experiences. I don't have Wake Induced Lucid Dreams, but will sometimes find myself transitioning in the middle of the night, often after a dream ends, and I remain perfectly still and focus on re-entering the dream. I would love to compile them all to see my progress, but for now, I only found early ones from 4 years ago and am inspired to work on it more. You can learn a lot, not from reading books about it, but by hearing first hand accounts, written in my own words, not even knowing much about it at the time. Here are some excerpts I had already found and put in a file which I can copy paste here, easily.

The first two were before I ever managed to prolong it long enough to enter a dream, but I was on the right path. The third was successful, and I added my most recent experience as the forth one.

Monday, September 19, 2011

I awaken, but remain in a slight dream. I hear a blender (in real life). I am in a bed in a small room. I try to go back to dream state of mind, but hear a loud ringing in my ears and my limbs are shaking, vibrating wildly. I know it's just a false awakening and watch my feet shake. When I awaken, the ringing stops and I am not shaking. But my mind was kinda trembling, or shaking, or vibrating inside.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I am in bed with topaz (my dog). She is resting on top of me. I don't want her to get shocked by accident with her shock collar so I take it off. She gets nervous with it off. There's a pole I can feel by my side. It's the handle of a garden tool, I think the sod shovel. Then I awake and realize topaz is to the right of me and her head is over the edge of the bed, about to fall out. I help her slide off out, but there is a blue recycling box in the way. I place her in front or beside. I can feel the garden tool is still by my side, but don't think it odd at all. Then I see a dark phantom figure at the doorway and it spooks me. It feels like an entity, but when I look at it, it is just a shadowy blob, but the size of a person. Then I realize it might be a dream. I close my 'eyes' and start to feel the familiar 'slipping in to lucid dream feeling'. I tell myself that it wasn't real, there is nobody else there and my body is safe. I hear a din, buzzing noise and start to see colors swirl and some take shape. I think I saw the Monalisa or some sort of portrait painting. I wasn't getting any closer to a lucid dream so I throw the 'covers' off. I am well aware that it may become another false awakening. (Which it was)

Thursday, January, 12, 2012

It was pitch black, and I could feel my eyes rolled upward in my head. I hear a ringing noise in my ears that starts quiet, but gets louder. I see a light, not pure white, but yellowish or golden. It was vague and out of focus, but got closer. It felt like I was viewing it through 'dream eyelids'. Then the light took shape, (all the time the ringing continued). It looked like I was looking at my eyes in the mirror. Just black and golden colored. In fact I think I only saw one eye. It was moving around rapidly. I thought that it may have been doing that in real life, hence REM (Rapid Eye Movement). Then I see both eyes staring back at me, as though my eyelids were mirrors. They were no longer moving rapidly, and they were calm, not bug eyed. I could see my whole face now, still black and gold, and my hand was gripping my temples, my thumb on my right one, and my middle two fingers on the other. I don't know how it didn't obscure my face, but that's how it felt. It was a fake hand, but I felt it was my true sleeping position in real life. It felt like it helped me concentrate. I hear a banging at my door as if someone desperately wants to get in. I feel like part of me was laying in bed and another was looking behind at the door. Then I started to breath heavily out my nose, and every breath i breathed out, I could feel on the back of my neck. It was slightly warm. That happened 3-5 times and then it started to feel like a stream of cold water was being poured on the back of my neck. I was amazed that it didn't wake me up, a sensation like that should. I see some artwork nearby and I get up to see it. Then I realize I am in a room and I can move freely. I am LUCID again. Perhaps the cold water DID wake me up in a way.

As you can see, they vary greatly. This was the most recent one I've had:

April 18, 2016

I felt my body go completely limp and then slide downward out of bed toward my feet, and then immediately was back in the same position in bed again, and I would relax and let it happen again. I heard footsteps as my mother entered the room and she asked if I was awake. I just muttered, “nooo”, and felt like I could barely get the words out. I didn't know if I was hearing reality and the dream at the same time, but it was enough to let her know and she left. (After awakening, I verified that she never entered my room at all).

I allowed myself to go limp and drag out of bed again, but still be back in the same position again. I then decided to take matters into my own hands and when I felt myself being dragged out, I quickly got up and started to walk. I knew I wasn't seeing reality because it was pitch black, but at the same time, I didn't know if I was sleep walking either. I continued walking to where the doorway should be, but I bumped into a wall. I then turned left and felt my way through the doorway and upstairs. It was all very dark, but I saw a vague image of the bathroom and I thought mom was in there. I pushed open the door, but there was nobody there. I continued walking around in the darkness with only my sense of touch active, calling out for anyone to show up. I then realized that if this dream continues, I bet it will be full of dream characters and I won't ever get back to an empty place again, so I should take advantage of it. I think I willed a flame from my two fingers and then stuck it in my mouth. (I like to play with the elements like that lately and have made fire and water come out of my hands before, which is pretty cool, and great fun when there is nothing else in the dream to manipulate)

Then I forget how, but I was back in bed again, and got up a 2nd time, again in darkness. I made it to the door, and had a pretty good mental layout of the house despite not being able to see. I got to the steps and could feel the rail and I went upstairs, again. I forget a lot of what happened, but this time I noticed that the kitchen was lit with a yellowish hue, as if from indoor lighting while it was still pitch black outside. Other rooms where still in complete darkness, so I just kept walking around until the dream would set up and stabilize on its own. Which it did eventually.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Nekomancer

Postby Nekomancer » 28 May 2016 02:16

I don't know about FILD, but I tried MILD combined with WBTB and it felt like I didn't realize that the transition already happened until ~10 minutes later, so every few minutes try to imagine/visualize yourself moving (without actually moving) to see if you're awake or not. :) I don't know if I missed the transition or not but I didn't feel anything :P

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 28 May 2016 21:11

Nekomancer wrote:it felt like I didn't realize that the transition already happened until ~10 minutes later

Yes, I've had this too (though I thought I was doing WILD :roll: ) I was just lying there and thought "Gee, I've been trying for a while, I wonder if I'm already asleep." And I was. For more out-of-body style entries, like FILD is supposed to be, it's really subtle. Another time I just felt my arm slide down from my side and knew my body was asleep, and it was time to roll out.

Return to “For Beginners”