Please guide me on WILD

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
jason0dz

Please guide me on WILD

Postby jason0dz » 03 May 2016 14:52

I have been trying to have a Wake initiated lucid dream for past 6 months with no results at all .
Please let me know how i should proceed ..Thanks.

ThePurple

Re: Please guide me on WILD

Postby ThePurple » 04 May 2016 00:24

What have you been doing so far?
Have you had other types of lucid dreams?
It's much easier to help if we know where you're coming from.

jason0dz

Postby jason0dz » 04 May 2016 23:10

I read about WILD and watched some videos .
It seems that i need to sleep on my back and remain still without moving .

I have tried that and I can stay still without moving upto 1 hour .
But I do get the urge to swallow ,and i keep on swallowing .
Also any one muscle would twitch on its own and any one finger would move on its own ,
I do not have any control over this.
Also my chest and stomach is always moving because of breathing .
But this just a DAY time practice during which i dont fall asleep.

But when i have to to go to sleep, i sleep on my left side and go to sleep almost immediately.
Also i do not remember any of my dreams ,and even if i do remember that i had a dream ,
i do not recollect anything of what happened in the dream .

I have not had any type of lucid dreaming .

Kindly guide me .

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 May 2016 03:11

I've had many DILDs, and my only WILDs were after a dream ended and I re-entered, which is not technically 'Wake Initiated'. Maybe it's a DEILD, but all these labels kind of sound like sex toys to me and are not neccessary. :D

I've had many great lucid dreams, but still have never been able to stay fully conscious from awake to dream without any lapse in consciousness and time. I don't think it's necessary, but by all means get advice, and I should listen too.

But I want you to know that you shouldn't feel inadequate, and think it's absolutely necessary to WILD in order to have great lucid dreams. No matter how you arrive to that state of balance between being wakefully-conscious while dreaming, what you do afterward determines how vivid, and memorable it will be.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 06 May 2016 07:59

Everyone dreams, every night, with very few exceptions. But, how can one become aware of their dreams while they're happening, if they're barely aware of them after the fact? Your first order of business must be improving your dream recall.

- Put something to write with beside your bed.
- Resolve to remember your dreams in the morning, and think of this as you go to sleep.
- When you wake, lay quietly and let the dream come back to you. If thoughts of your daily life come up, put them aside for now, and return to the aim of remembering your dreams. Maybe you can only remember that there was a particular person or object or location or feeling involved, and that's okay. Hold onto those parts and see if the events surrounding them return.
- When you feel like nothing new is coming in, roll over and write down a few key words. (These can be used to jog your memory later if one part fades as you write the details of another.) Begin fleshing out the scene. You may find that you remember new details as you write.
- Some days you may not remember a thing, or remember just one thing. Write that thing down, or write that you tried and will try again tomorrow.
- With perseverance, you will soon recall dreams more frequently, in more detail, and with less effort. Beyond memory training, having a record of your adventures to look back on will serve you in a number of ways as you experiment in the dream world.

Now, as for what you've been trying so far, I don't know what you've watched and read, but there's more to WILD than just "don't move." It makes me sad to think of you lying there, stiff as a board, worrying that you're breathing too much! And, for a WILD to work, part of you must fall asleep! The idea is for your mind to stay active while your body melts away, so it's about relaxing, not freezing.

However, I agree with HAGART. Wake-initiated is not the only way, the "best" way, or the easiest way to have a lucid dream, so consider approaching lucidity from the other side, i.e. DILD. (Hold the O.) If you are absolutely set on WILD, we can direct you toward better sources, but I would strongly suggest focusing on building your memory and dream awareness, to the exclusion of other techniques, until you are remembering at least a few dreams per week. Lucid dreaming is an intimate partnership between the conscious and unconscious parts of your mind, but right now, one barely knows the other exists! They need to be introduced before they can play.

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 16 May 2016 07:31

Hello,

WILD is the only method I can do, so I definitely can offer some of my thoughts. First off, I find its quite easy, however if I tried to do have one following most instruction online, I personally would not be able to succeed. It is true that the WILD method works best after you have been asleep for quite awhile. I would never be able to have one laying on my back because its not that comfortable to me. I always have one laying on my side. Once I am laying on my side, I tell myself my intent on having a lucid dream. Then I focus on the backs of my eyelids and focus on feeling floaty. Once I feel so light like I am floating or flying or even falling- really any kind of sensation like that I know I am on my way. This is the hypnogognia stage where you are also likely to hear music or see images behind your eyelids. I have never had hallucinations with sleep paralysis and I am not sure why, but grateful :). Anyway, once you feel floaty a scene will start unfolding. Its kinda like patches of clouds with a scene behind it and it takes a minute for the scene to be clear. I also have read that melantonin works to aid in it, and I have tried it, and it does seem to work a bit. Really, just make sure you are not making it too hard. Dont focus on swallowing or itching or anything like that- just be normal. Just focus on the floaty feeling and you will be on your way to a WILD in no time.

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 May 2016 22:14

How are you getting on with this, I mainly WILD and have and many hundreds but they require some relaxation and quiet control.
As the other user said just relax and get to the floaty point. What you are attempting is to stay awake and go to sleep at the same time so you need to accept this fact and allow you mind and body to do their thing.
Can give lots more detail but for now just relax and try to catch yourself going to sleep and pick up on the cues that get you there
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 May 2016 03:23

pennysuede wrote:First off, I find its quite easy, however if I tried to do have one following most instruction online, I personally would not be able to succeed.

Yes, it makes you overthink it, instead of going with the flow. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's usually after you wake up for a bit and go back to sleep, which has been said to death so far, but perhaps needs repeating again to hit the final nail in the coffin of a concept that's brought up to death.

I read both Pennyseuede and Peter's reply, and there's too much to quote, so I'll just paraphrase it all. Keep trying. Don't even think of the final result, but instead be aware of what your mind is doing as it's going to sleep. Ignore itches or scratch or, if you feel them scratch and wonder what made you do that? Just be aware of every thought you have in those moments, and write it down in your own personal dream log as you go, just for yourself. (You might even snap out of the greatest "Itchy and Scratchy" Cartoon of all time for a moment). ;)

Who cares about wins or fails? Stay curious. You'll find some very awesome inbetween moments at least. And the only one who can either teach or learn is yourself in those moments. What you read here, is only taken into consideration, but never learned until it's put into practice for yourself. You can't learn to dream from a book. We dream all the time naturally! It never had to be taught. Lucid dreaming is just a variation that I think we all know deep down if we let it happen.

Or fail... and experience something inbetween, or not, but get back on the next night and ride again! Forgo all expectations, and just let it happen. Easier said than done, I know, but lucid dreaming is not about forcing thought into a dream, but about letting go of other extraneous thoughts that conflict with what is inevitably going to happen while still holding on to one final thread of waking consciousness.

I lose grasp all the time, but will try again. Almost every night. The journey is fun.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”