Lucid Dream or dreaming about having one?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Eve0

Lucid Dream or dreaming about having one?

Postby Eve0 » 05 May 2016 11:17

Hi, I was here a while ago posting about my first lucid dream, where I wasn't really sure if I had had a lucid dream or not, or if I was just dreaming about having one, and the same thing has happened again. I was at my old elementary school when I realized that I was dreaming. Everything surged into focus to an extent, and I felt an almost physical rush of excitement. I then proceeded to do reality checks throughout the dream, and also tried to fly, without success. SIDE NOTE: I also had a false awakening, where I woke up and I actually experienced sleep paralysis, and then I woke up in real life. But my question is, how do I know that I actually had control of my dream, and I wasn't just dreaming about lucid dreaming? Or should I just believe that every experience like this is a lucid dream?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Re: Lucid Dream or dreaming about having one?

Postby HAGART » 06 May 2016 03:42

Eve0 wrote: I realized that I was dreaming

There's your answer right there.
Yes, you turned on your self awareness and were lucid. It doesn't mean we have control all the time.

As for the false awakenings and sleep paralysis, they come with the territory, so you're on the right path, and have nothing to worry about. Keep it up, and you'll learn on your own. People can't learn by reading posts, but instead have to experience it on their own, and I see no problem with what you're doing.

Do you need validation? I must say, everything you are doing and experiencing sounds like me when I first started out, and experienced things I couldn't share with family, so came online to discuss it. You're on the right path, and all I can say is keep it up. I won't give a concrete answer, because I think it's a rhetorical question you already know the answer to. I'm confident you'll figure it out with more trials and error, but in the mean time, I will just encourage you to keep going.

Am I being annoying, acting like Yoda who never gives a straight answer? I feel like it's a great way to teach.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”