Does my friend have super powers?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Frisout

Does my friend have super powers?

Postby Frisout » 09 May 2016 22:11

Well, ofcouse he does not, but I am jalous at him in some way, let me explain.

I have a friend who is.. Weird (like all of my friends) but he is special for multiple reasons.

I wont tell them all, but there is 1 particular thing that interests me about him, its his ability to snap in a daydream in 1 second and then he looks completly turned off.

He will stare with his eyes open into nothing, he doesnt react to anything, when I wave in front of his face there is no reaction.
I once tried to give him a little push and it almost made him fall over, I prevented the fall and after that he still didnt notice anything!

Now he might just be pranking me, but this happens so often, he says he warps to a differnt place, which is mostly him driving a truck (he is addicted to trucks af)

He can do this at any moment and its sometimes even scary.
Its also annoying because sometimes when I start to talk to him for a minute I think he is listening and then he wakes up and says "oh, you were talking?" And im like "...Yes"

He says this "dreams" are almost as realistic as real life, but he never answerd my question if he knows its a dream while doing it.

I asked him how he does it and he says "its simple, first you turn off your hearing, then your sight and the vision will come by itself" and im like, "simple?"
He does that all in less then 1 second.

Is there any article about this ability or is he rare enough to say he got superpowers?

He himself is really chill about it, he thinks its no big deal at all, but I know differnt!

I would like to hear a answer :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Kate

Re: Does my friend have super powers?

Postby Kate » 11 May 2016 17:43

Right, hello I have found several solutions to what your friend may be experiencing. He may have FFI (fantasy prone imagination) which allows him to have vivider daydreams then most people although not as vivid as your friend says. Number 2, he has a mental condition (not very likely). Number 3 he has a third eye, anyone can open their third eye with practice, this means he is an indigo child therefore allowing him to have very vivid daydreams. I believe he had number 3 I suggest you study third eyes and see if your friend has it.

Frisout

Postby Frisout » 11 May 2016 18:08

A 3rd eye sounds too unreal for me, I dont realy believe in all that inner spirit stuff, im more scientifically.

And even if its real, how could he.. He out of all the people have that? He is just so... Well he is nice but he can be so stupid sometimes... Also he believes even less in that stuff as me, the only thing he believes in is Scania and their V8 trucks. xD

I cant believe thats the case here, also he doesnt have a mental problem as far as I know.

Kate

Postby Kate » 12 May 2016 06:43

Ok then, there is no logical explanation to this unless he is developing a serious mental condition, or he's lying to you.

Luciddreamer007

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 13 May 2016 12:47

Or he smokes some good weed ;) 8-) :lol:
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

Frisout

Postby Frisout » 13 May 2016 12:51

He does that sometimes but its not like he is stoned all the time, only on weekend evenings, could that explain this?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 May 2016 13:17

He could be slightly autistic pretending to be a super daydreamer to disguise his handicap.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Frisout

Postby Frisout » 13 May 2016 13:32

Believe me, I know this guy well enough to say he is not

Kate

Postby Kate » 13 May 2016 15:36

Frisout, I believe your friend is lying because if he has no mental condition then there is no logical explanation unless he's lying, no superpowers either.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 May 2016 08:08

I only read the first post. I have to chime in and say I know a few others I met online who dream like that and all seem like 'super powers', but it was a disorder.

It actually may not be such a bad thing, and every deficiency or 'handicap' is a blessing in disguise. But don't feel jealous. That ability is fraught with many other problems and like all things in life, be careful what you wish for.

For every benefit, there's a hindrance.
Last edited by HAGART on 02 Jun 2018 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”