First Lucid Dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
cuzcats

First Lucid Dreams

Postby cuzcats » 11 May 2016 22:25

So about a month ago I had my first lucid dream after about a year and a half of practicing. I didn't get to do anything sadly and it went a little like this:

So I laid down for a nap and then next thing I know I sit up. I open my laptop and music wont stop playing so I close all the tabs and it still doesn't stop playing. I get frustrated and shut it. I get my phone and try to snapchat my best friend back, but when I try to find my snapchat app, theres only three columns of apps instead of four. At this point I was suspicious and wondered if I was dreaming. I decided to do a reality check and I chose counting my fingers. I only had three fingers. I got extremely excited and tried to sit up too fast and woke myself up. I was frustrated but very happy at the same time because I managed to have a lucid dream even if I couldn't do anything.

Now last night, I went to bed at about 11:00pm. I don't know exactly what time I fell asleep but I know I had a lucid dream. I tried to get on my phone again, like my first lucid dream. My phone wasn't working correctly so I did a reality check by checking the time. The clock was messed up and I became lucid. This time around, I remembered my last mistake of getting too excited. I tried to stay calm and said "Clarity now!" about 3 times but I couldn't stay asleep and woke up. When I woke up I had a funny hallucination of a coat hanger or something and my whole body jolted as it looked like the hallucination was coming right towards my face.

Both these experiences, I hadn't even been trying. Although, I had mentioned or heard about lucid dreaming or dreaming in general earlier in the day. Both of the dreams only lasted about 30-45 minutes each. It's almost like I achieve lucidity from false awakenings.

I would really like to know how I can stay calm and get out of bed in my dream without waking myself up in real life. I'm very excited I finally have managed to have a couple lucid dreams because I have been so intrigued by the idea of flying and doing whatever you want in dreams. Dreaming is a nice escape from reality.

Kate

Re: First Lucid Dreams

Postby Kate » 13 May 2016 06:50

Staying calm is very tough BUT I do have a solution that works for me. Grab your shirt or ANYTHING and feel it's tough... This will help stabilize the dream much better.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Pilgrim

Re: First Lucid Dreams

Postby Pilgrim » 13 May 2016 23:57

I can often embrace a sensation of climbing out of the dream body located in bed. Carefully seek to separate, as if by sitting up from the body. Then create a motion as by falling down. The sensation of movement solidifies the new dream body. (This is not an OBE in my view.)

Return to “For Beginners”