Remote viewing works?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Eveleen

Remote viewing works?

Postby Eveleen » 15 May 2016 18:15

Hi,

This week I've started to remote view, I just watched several videos and read some articles and got to work. I did not do some really extensive study :D, just enough to see how it works.

The first sessions were almost 50 to 70% accurate :o . I was really amazed and taken aback, I did not expect it to work so well and I got excited about. I tried to predict lottery numbers and I did have some success, but when I tried again it went poorly...

I don't really know what to think, does RV works? Was it begginer's luck? I really got enthusiastic about it, but now I feel like it might be just a waste of time :cry:
Last edited by Eveleen on 15 May 2016 21:50, edited 2 times in total.

Summerlander

Re: Remote viewing works?

Postby Summerlander » 15 May 2016 19:26

I think you had beginner's luck. Remote viewing isn't applicable in predicting numbers as this would be testing to see if there is any truth in precognition---a different kettle of fish. I'm not even sure if remote viewing is possible. Professor Michael Persinger---who is linked to the invention of the 'God Helmet'---seems to think there is something there. I'd say tuning into the minds of others as facilitated by some quantum entanglement of minds within the geomagnetic field is more believable. But then again, there is no concrete proof of that.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Eveleen

Postby Eveleen » 15 May 2016 19:39

As you say, RV does not work in predicting numbers, so I made an association of each number with the image of an object. When I RV I don't try to see the number, but to get the characteristics of the objects. Today I played again lottery, I only got one right... however... I did see some of the characteristics of other 4 numbers, but then again I thought they were other objects... I see a pattern unfolding.

When I RV I already know the pictures, it's not a blind target and once I get one or two characteritics I immediatly think it's a particular object and my mind already makes assumptions of what the other characteristics will be. I cannot make the mind stop from doing this. :cry:

This made me realize how much our mind makes conjectures and assumptions, that we always interpret things without really knowing the whole truth. Maybe what I have to learn first is not how to RV but to quiet my mind and stop it from making assumptions... stop it from jumping to conclusions.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 May 2016 21:35

You can always try Vipassana meditation first before testing RV again. The mind is naturally noisy so don't worry so much about it. Get an insight into how your mind is currently doing, embrace its current nature without judging, and then experiment. The mind jumps to conclusions and seeks patterns due to our evolutionary history where we learned to distinguish patterns in nature in order to survive. Because of that, the brain sometimes sees what it wants to see---what it deems most important. You can always recognise interpretations and assumptions as 'brain porkies' and also heed those mental conceptions that are truer to life and match what is really going on. You'll do fine. You merely discovered what is true about our assumptive mind and its predictive power which appears to be partly guesswork and part logic. :-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Eveleen

Postby Eveleen » 16 May 2016 19:21

Thanks for the advice. I did try Vipssana in the past but I just got frustrated at how agitated my mind was -_- Maybe I did not do it correctly, I focused on breath, following it in and out... perhaps I should start again, it might help me with RV :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 May 2016 23:10

You never know. Go for it and experiment to see what you're capable of.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”