Hi i'm Lee,

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
ljmarsha

Hi i'm Lee,

Postby ljmarsha » 16 May 2016 13:23

Hello everyone,

I'm Lee from Barry in South Wales, been recently introduced to Lucid dreaming and OBE during my quest in solving my ongoing chronic back/neck pain. Been meditating now for about 6 weeks and only in the past 2 weeks or so I have found out about the world of lucid dreams, I bought the book 'Dreamism' on Friday and it is fascinating me. Hopefully I can get into it and tell everyone of my experiences. Although I have had recent minor experiences recently where I have woken then dosed back off and I feel soo soo relaxed and at peace but still sensing some alertness. The biggest experience was last week, I was off work sick and I took amitriptyline to help with sleep (I don't know if it was the drug at work or my meditation, prob the drugs), anyway I fell asleep and got disturbed by this loud static type of noise then I felt a rush of energy/vibrations to my head, it felt good but the noise did spook me a little. Been trying to experience this again but not been successful, maybe I need to take some more drugs, don't really want to though but I think it would be nice to rule it out.

Thanks for reading,

Lee.

HAGART

Re: Hi i'm Lee,

Postby HAGART » 19 May 2016 05:24

I wish you success. I'm not sure how lucid dreaming will solve chronic pain, but I do know that while in one you are free from that. I seldom even think of my body at all, feeling light as a feather.

ljmarsha wrote:I fell asleep and got disturbed by this loud static type of noise then I felt a rush of energy/vibrations to my head, it felt good but the noise did spook me a little.

That's certainly what it's like when we are conscious while our bodies are slipping in to a dream and experiencing muscle atonia. I've experienced it many times. When our bodies slip into paralysis it sends us mixed signals which I think is why we all call it, "energy" or "vibrations" for lack of a better word. That's certainly how it feels. I read somewhere that our ear drums vibrate too when we begin dreaming in REM sleep, so that's why we hear odd noises. It's different every time. Keep at it and explore it further.

It can sometimes spook you if you're not expecting it, but the bed bugs sucking your blood while you sleep is a bigger concern. :)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”