I knew the exact time in my lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DataTunnel

I knew the exact time in my lucid dream

Postby DataTunnel » 18 May 2016 07:20

So it's been a while since I've been on here- I sort of took a year off from lucid dreaming. Just needed time to collect my thoughts and put things in perspective, lucid dreaming can be mentally exhausting for me. Glad to be back though! 8-) Wanted to share my most recent experience.

My Dream: It starts out that I'm on a balcony attached to a tall house. At one point I looked over the edge of the railing and saw a grassy area down below. I also noticed one of those circular charcoal grills down on the grass.

This is where things got weird. The grill was ablaze with fire but in the very center of the grill I could see red digital numbers that read 11:54, super clear and not changing. This is unusual, as it's usually hard to read these things in dreams. This is when I became lucid briefly. I committed the numbers to memory thinking they may have been important. I tried to continue the dream and did for a little while but soon awoke. I immediately looked at the clock next to my bed and it read 11:55. I knew the EXACT time in my dream. Or rather, the time according to my digital clock, which is actually a minute or two off of my phone/computer time.

I have no idea how this happened or why the exact time showed up in my dream. I can think of only a few explanations (none of which involve psychic ability, don't worry)

1. My biological clock is EXTREMELY accurate (highly doubt this one)

2. It was a coincidence, my subconscious guessed correct (also highly doubt it, the odds are astronomical)

3. I was so close to awake that I had my eyes open and was literally hallucinating an entire dream environment around the digital clock, believing I was still dreaming. (this one seems the most likely to me as unbelievable as it sounds)

Any thoughts? Anyone out there have a similar experience they want to share?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”