Dreams Gallery

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Z0rb

Dreams Gallery

Postby Z0rb » 18 May 2016 22:37

Some scenes of my last Dream: Suddenly, I'm in a gallery, I'm seeing pictures, and I decide to go away because I have no interest in the art of painting, when a voice behind me said to me: "Don't go, enjoy this Van Gogh painting". I look at the picture carefully, unaware of any of his works, only know him by name, and the voice back to tell me "notices the Dove detail." After a few seconds of observation I woke up from the dream.

Immediately I went to the internet, look for his paintings, and unfortunately I did not find any, though, the way of paint is exactly the same. The frame color was orange, I can see similarities in one of other paint, The Starry Night. Although in my dream there is no church and houses. Would be something more abstract with a white dove flying freely. Anyway, I had more dreams with galleries where the paintings are clearly detailed on my mind. My goal has always been looking for mental libraries and reading subconscious books, books of my fears and weaknesses, books of future, etc... Instead, I have been sent to galleries. Taking wisdom and knowledge of paintings, require much. It does not give us a clear and simple answer of what we seek, and we may be looking at the wrong place in our research by the unconscious.

I have made some effort to dedicate myself to the 10 aspects of mind, aspects explored by Thoth Tarot in the world of dreams. This is an area that fascinates me, the fact that you can explore letters that are directly symbolized the mental part, my dream may have a logical explanation, because I do not fully understand the symbolism of the dove, namely a context that does not belong to Christianity. I think the meaning is much older and that somehow is part of the Egyptian culture.

I put this experience on Facebook, but got no great answers. They made a silent wave in the subject. I try to explore it here. What is your point? Thank you.

Update: Look for 30 seconds for the first image and then look at the picture below.
Last edited by Z0rb on 21 May 2016 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Z0rb

Re: Dreams Gallery

Postby Z0rb » 20 May 2016 20:45

Last night(summarized)

I am again in a gallery: "Ah, I'm dreaming". Approaching the first person I see, and ask him: "Why my subconscious always sends me to a gallery when I'm not interested in paintings but in books, the character replies," because the truth is represented in art, interpreted by infinite ways ".
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

Luna

Postby Luna » 08 Jul 2016 14:13

i tried that thing that you put in the edit and nothing realy happend for me. the painting looked the same but regarding i see thart alot conctoring that it is in my art class at school.
does any other mlp fan kinda feel like Luna is using her magic on herself :D

ElContadino

Postby ElContadino » 12 Jul 2016 21:56

Hey,
I know it has been a while since thi topic has been discussed, however, just joining this forum, I had an idea on your topic.
Whenever I find myself unable to express a certain facette of myself, in your case paintings displying your inner self, I try to feed my subconsciousness a possible blueprint for it. Fro example: When I wanted to get better at building in dreaming and creating the world around me (especially buildings) I used Sketch-Up to train my mind on finding its ways and it worked well.
Same could go for you: When an inner voice tells you that your emotions are put into paintings, maybe start painting yourself, or make a sketch, of the general moods you feel. Personalize it, and you might find yourself rekognizing elements of you reallife painting in your dreams. That would give you a general idea what to look for in your next dreamgallery experience, and your subconsciousness would have some new ways of expressing itself.

Maybe you can make use if my idea, keep us posted, would enjoy to see that concept of a dream gallery growing.

Cheers

Z0rb

Postby Z0rb » 03 Aug 2016 23:34

ElContadino; wow. Good Tips. Thank you so much.

ElContadino

Postby ElContadino » 23 Sep 2016 19:32

Z0rb; I just listened to "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the inner self" by Robert Waggoner, amazing book.
Whenever he is unclear about something inside a dream (be it a facette of his personality or something he does not understand whilst being lucid), he looks in the sky and shouts the questions out, directly at his "higher consciousness".
I have not tried it yet, but that could actually be a simpler approach, yet very effective. Good luck on further progress with the gallery

Return to “Dream Science”