Problem With Reality Checks

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Neiu

Problem With Reality Checks

Postby Neiu » 19 May 2016 08:11

Hello! It's really nice meeting you all!
I've been trying to perform reality checks in my dreams for a while now. Not many times I've managed to do it, though, but I had two moments when I performed the "look at your fingers" technique and realized I was dreaming. Sadly, when I tried to perform a second check, just to make sure, I woke up (or I think I woke up, it really felt like that). Instead of feeling myself in the dream world, I was just lying on my bed, imagining I was performing the second RC. Is this a usual step in lucid dreaming? If not, does anybody have some tips for me to avoid waking up after RCing?
Thanks a lot for talking your time to read this! :)
Have a most amazing day!

Frisout

Re: Problem With Reality Checks

Postby Frisout » 19 May 2016 09:06

You might got over excited which caused you to wake up, try to stay completly calm when you found out you are dreaming.

Or your dream might have been too "foggy" which made you wake up whe trying to do stuff too much, this happend to me a fee times too. Try to shout "I want clarity, now!" I do that every time and it feels like all the clarity just falls on you and sudently everything is super realistic.

Thats all I can think off, maybe someone with more experience can help you out here

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Neiu

Postby Neiu » 19 May 2016 12:56

Oh, I see now. Thanks a lot for your answer! :D
I'll give the clarity-shout a try as soon as I'll be able to RC while dreaming again. Thank you!

Frisout

Postby Frisout » 19 May 2016 13:36

Remember that if you already know you are dreaming there is not really a need for more RC's.
Anyways, good luck

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

MaryMoon

Postby MaryMoon » 31 May 2016 00:46

Staying calm and focused has also helped me, but Im gonna have to try to shout CLARITY! I have some very foggy dreams and I hate that you are trying to focus something and you just cant! its frustrating haha :D
MM

Return to “For Beginners”