Help Needed

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RandomPasserBy

Help Needed

Postby RandomPasserBy » 22 May 2016 03:26

I've been trying the WILD method. I lay down there without moving thinking "I'm awake" or "Next time I dream, I'll know I'm dreaming". My hands felt like they were floating and I couldnt feel my chest. The first part to freeze was My legs. But in the end I just couldn't but thanks to that I don't feel sleepy anymore. But I still want to lucid dream. How much time do i have to stay in the same position in? I tried imagining a beach but it was no good. I'm really good at imagining things because as I'm lonely with no friends IRL, I waste most my time either watching anime or listening to songs, imagining about things that would likely never happen. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong.

Summerlander

Re: Help Needed

Postby Summerlander » 22 May 2016 23:33

It depends when you're trying to have a WILD. The best time is in the morning after a good sleep when REM levels are high. I suspect that you are approaching the whole practice with tension and rigidity---causing you to stay tediously awake with adrenaline and waiting impatiently for the appearance of a lucid dream. This thread might help you:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=59354#p59354

Try a more relaxed approach---even in the event of paralysis and concomitant sensations---and don't worry about positions. Just relax! And quiesce your mind, too. Perhaps focus on your imaginary beach as you relax, but don't get angry with yourself if you can't see it immediately---sometimes it takes time for a conception to reach visual consciousness. Also, accept the possibility that what may manifest might not be the desired beach. Most of all, I urge you to practice loosening up.

Try the wake-back-to-bed method first before attempting the more challenging direct induction prior to sleep. Good luck, RandomPasserBy! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Haradaska

Postby Haradaska » 26 May 2016 17:10

Yes I always imagine things that could never happen and then get excited... then to realize that im in real life. Thats one of the reason I have been practicing lucid dreaming for a while now. The last lucid dream I had was kind of powered by that feeling of being in control. (the same feeling i get whenever I imagine things)
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 May 2016 00:01

It seems like you are very much in touch with your imagination, Haradaska. You were born to lucid dream, my friend. The realm of dreams is your home. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”