How long did it take for you to become proficient in LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
brutum

How long did it take for you to become proficient in LD?

Postby brutum » 24 May 2016 21:38

In the FAQs, it says proficient LDers dream 2-4 times a week in sessions of 10-40 minutes.

This amount of lucid dreaming is surprising to me, due to how it seems like a lot of dreaming.

That said, how long did it take for you guys to get to that level?

As long as I am dream journaling, do RCs, and the other typical preparations for MILD, is that enough to get to that level eventually?

R'lyeh

Re: How long did it take for you to become proficient in LD?

Postby R'lyeh » 25 May 2016 08:17

I'm interested to know that as well.

Also, what do you guys do differently when you want a LD, but you "mean it" ? There was someone here who reported having from 16 to 30 LD a month, depending on either he wanted to have LD or not, although he mentioned being doing it for years if not decades.

Salman Khan

Postby Salman Khan » 27 May 2016 11:27

If you want to start Lucid dreaming right now, try Wake Induced technique. It can be very scary for the first time but it is very fruitful (of course you can eat vegetables too in Lucid dreams :mrgreen: ).

Wake Induced (or just WILD) is a bit difficult to try and needs complete concentration but it does not require any preparations like RCs and DJs as in case of Mnemonic Induced.

R'lyeh

Postby R'lyeh » 27 May 2016 12:24

Don't you need something like strong relaxation, or a WBTB scenario for it to work though ?

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 May 2016 21:20

I have been lucid dreaming for over 40 years and get 3 to 5 a week if I set up correctly and a lot of spontaneous lucid s from within the dream. My skill is WILD
to get a few dreams takes some intent and focus and it will get easier with time.
Duration and clarity also improve and as you get more relaxing and the confident in the dreamspace it also gets easier to prolong the dreams so all a case of just getting on with it.

Its taken me the last 6 to 8 years to go from a very regular lucid dreamer to exploring the dreamspace and can state that I think my experiences are equal to anyone or anything I have read about. this includes some of the Tibetan dream yogis or other mystical dreaming cults.
Its a human experience an not the unique domain of a belief system so no barriers if you want to practice to enjoy and get on with it.

Also to put in in perspective it has taken around 3 years of constant practice and the 3 to 5 lucids a week to get very skilled at WILD. That was all I worked on for this time and was only concerned with that instant of time that gets you into the dream with full awareness.

Enjoy and happy to answer questions you may have
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Salman Khan

Postby Salman Khan » 28 May 2016 18:04

R'lyeh wrote:Don't you need something like strong relaxation, or a WBTB scenario for it to work though ?

Of Course, WILD is basically WBTB and Relaxation is the first step of WILD 8-)

Harry Potter

Postby Harry Potter » 06 Jun 2016 20:19

I am by no means proficient, and I have been working at it on and off for three years, I think. I worked at it for about a year and had two LDs before getting lazy, then stopped for a year. A year ago, I picked it up again, and have been trying more or less consistently. I was at a point where I was having one a weak-ish, but lost that due to a lack of consistency. I'm trying to get back to that now.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”