Help: WBTB, MILD, and WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Nekomancer

Help: WBTB, MILD, and WILD

Postby Nekomancer » 28 May 2016 01:34

WBTB & MILD:
I fall asleep ~10, wake up at 4-4:30, stay up for 30 min and go back to sleep.
I try to fall asleep using MILD but I can't... later I got bored so I started trying to imagine myself sleeping and it worked. But whenever I move my hands, they feel like they're vibrating and if i move them to fast I'll wake up. Then the scene changes to my school but everything's in a shade of light blue and I can move freely now. There's a part of me that knows I'm dreaming but the other part of me keeps wanting to make sure by doing a RC. I did the RC and it didn't work. I ended up trying to push my fingers through my other hand until I wake up. Help, I can't stop myself from doing this. :(

WILD:
Does WILD only work after you've slept for a certain time or can you do it right when you're going to bed? Are you supposed to visualize stuff when you try WILD or not? I've tried this a lot but end up using WBTB and MILD because I sometimes start feeling vibrations but I always fall asleep.

ThePurple

Re: Help: WBTB, MILD, and WILD

Postby ThePurple » 28 May 2016 21:32

Sounds like it's working to me! The entry, at least. If you successfully become lucid, does it matter exactly how you get there? I think not. Now you just need to be more confident in your determination that it is a dream. Doubt is a huge lucidity killer, as you discovered. Step one, don't say you can't! We all get into habits, which are reinforced as a pattern with every round to seem inevitable, but they are not! For me, rereading my journal and realizing something wasn't actually always a problem, that I'd been successful before, was enough to convince me there were other options and break the spell. You can do anything! Believe it!

As for what you're "supposed" to do, I consider WILD to be a blanket term, including what you described here. There are so many ways to do it, some with visualization, some not. It's fun to try different methods, you may stumble upon one that really works for you, but I don't see any reason to feel bad that you have something you fall back on.

Return to “For Beginners”