Hello! New here, looking to meet up in dreams!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
MaryMoon

Hello! New here, looking to meet up in dreams!

Postby MaryMoon » 28 May 2016 20:58

Hi there! My name is Mary I live in Mexico, (so forgive my english please, I try hard) Im 27 years young and Im here to learn more about lucid dreams with you :)
Ive been lucid dreaming for a while now, I cant remember when I had my first one, but I do know I got hooked and started doing investigation on the subject, which led me to several techniques to try to be lucid, I tried, and it worked, and I got hooked even more. The techniques I tried included making several reality checks a day in order to do the same dreaming and be aware of it, gaining lucidity. Also I tried the dream diary thing, kept a small notebook to write my dreams as soon as I woke up (you forget everything if you dont do it inmediately) and that also helped a lot! My first dreams were very short, less than a page, and as time went by, I could write pages filled with details for just one dream! And all that helped me being lucid more often. Whick of course got me hooked even more! So here I am, wondering if someone here has ever tried or experienced the so called meeting with another person in dreams, I would love to try this but know nobody in my life that can lucid dream, so I came to you. If someone knows how and would like to give it a try, Im so available, or if you have more information on the topic, Id love to read that too! Thanks a lot for your help. :)
MM

Knife

Re: Hello! New here, looking to meet up in dreams!

Postby Knife » 28 May 2016 22:19

I'm not sure if that's actually possible but I know there are a few posts out here about mutual dreams and such.

When I can get lucid dreaming done again I'd love to try tho, sounds so fucking awesome! Also a bit scary to share your subconcious with strangers though.

Good Luck :mrgreen:
Inherit the earth

R'lyeh

Postby R'lyeh » 28 May 2016 22:52

I don't believe in magic (but I'd like to try in my dreams), so I honestly don't think it's possible. Except maybe the day that Inception device become real.

But maybe you can talk to people in your dreams about LD, even if they are just projections of yourself.

MaryMoon

Postby MaryMoon » 30 May 2016 23:51

Haaha! I do believe it is possible through some kind of process or technology, as you say, the device from the movie Inception, I guess we are just not ready or know how to do it, thinking the world of dreams is just in my mind and it cant be shared is just kind of selfish, I like to think it can be done somehow, but for now Im good reading about it and trying it in my dreams. :D
MM

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 May 2016 01:52

Hello and welcome, MaryMoon! 8-)

Who knows ...

Professor Michael Persinger---renowned for his psychoactive experiments with the God Helmet---seems to think minds can become quantum entangled within the geomagnetic field.

I think a device like the one in 'Inception' is needed to really bring this fantasy to life, but perhaps such a thing is possible without it if there are indeed certain geomagnetic conditions that naturally facilitate it; they are yet to be discovered let alone understood. We could all give this lucid dreaming experiment a go, though, and post our results. :-)

How would we go about it, though? How do we parameterise our experiment when we have never met vis-à-vis? :geek:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Azhidal

Postby Azhidal » 04 Jun 2016 06:02

I have had a shared dream before, once and completely by accident. it was actually pretty funny cause it was with a friend of mine and the only reason I found out about it being shared was because he had told me about it. apparently I had gone over to his place to hang out and threw a bunch of cupcakes up at the ceiling and the somehow stuck up their. his parents were super pissed XD, he spent the rest of the dream cleaning up and I had to go home XD.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”