Natural Licid Dreamer

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Sh1n1ngD4rkn3ss

Natural Licid Dreamer

Postby Sh1n1ngD4rkn3ss » 29 May 2016 15:51

Hello! My name is Abi.
I'm very new to the world of purposeful Lucid Dreaming.
I've been a 'conscious' Dreamer all my life (able to think about and control my actions), but never have I tried to change or control my dreams, until last night.
Last night I decided to look up Lucid dreaming, due to seeing it on a TV show. It was odd, to me, to read that a lot of people do not control their own actions during a dream as I have always done that.
So I decided to see if I could put a rein on my ever intense (and sometimes traumatizing) dreams.
I had never tried to control the settings or actions of others in my dreams so I expected to be disappointed this morning upon waking to realize that nothing happened.....but boy was I shocked! I was actually able to have full control for a while in my dreams last night before deciding to let the characters and setting do as they pleased. It was quite exhilarating to be able to stop time and change everything!!

Anyway, I will try again tonight and post an update if you all would like.
Any thoughts or questions are quite welcome.

I am very curious to hear if anyone else has had this happen.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Azhidal

Re: Natural Licid Dreamer

Postby Azhidal » 04 Jun 2016 06:08

yeah; lots of people have these sorts of experiences and most people who do, have their first lucid dream at a very early age. I gotta say though for it being your first time trying to control the dream stopping time(freezing people?) is actually pretty tricky at first since they are part of your sub-conscious, means you must have really good self control, gratz.

Sh1n1ngD4rkn3ss

Re: Natural Licid Dreamer

Postby Sh1n1ngD4rkn3ss » 05 Jun 2016 01:15

Thank you for replying!
I've had a busy week so my sleeping has been mostly to deep for dreams.
I did try again the following night with little success. I could still control my actions, but I falsely awakened myself a few times while trying to take control.
After that I had a pretty bland week of dreams until yesterday. Yesterday I fell asleep after coming home from work and I realized that I was dreaming so I made the dream more fun and goofed around.

Thanks for talking with me. I hope to be able to get into this site more and learn more about lucid dreaming.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”