Should i lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
rickgondimpaiva

Should i lucid dream?

Postby rickgondimpaiva » 30 May 2016 23:19

Hey guys i am a beginner and i have never lucid dreamed. I didn't even know about it existence

I tried my first lucid dream last night but i didn't even manage to regular dream

But then i've seen topics about it being dangerous, sleep paralysis and bad memory

Right, thing is that i need like the best memory this year because i am taking the SAT from my country (Really important test). I have to do great and to remeber school stuff, i got scared about bad memory, should i lucid dream this year or wait for the next one?

MaryMoon

Re: Should i lucid dream?

Postby MaryMoon » 31 May 2016 00:38

Wow Ive never heard of bad memory issues related to lucid dreaming, Im not a doctor nor I know any science backing this, but from my personal experience my memory IMPROVED and not directly because of the dream itself, but from keeping a dream diary and writing every morning, with as much detail as I could, the dreams I had the night before. I couldnt remember much at first, just a couple sentences or a small paragraph, but as adys went on, I noticed I could write several pages describing my dreams! I really never noticed if it also affected my memory in other ways, but Im sure it did help! I think there´s nothing to be afraid of and there´s a lot to learn from lucid dreaming, just let go and enjoy it! :)
MM

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 01 Jun 2016 00:31

Lucid dreaming is not dangerous and it won't impair your memory skills. As long as practising for lucid dreaming doesn't hinder your revision, then go for it!
Dreaming is my drug

Nekomancer

Postby Nekomancer » 01 Jun 2016 02:59

Sleep Paralysis isn't dangerous, your body does it every night even if you're not aware of it.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 01 Jun 2016 20:06

Rickgondimpaiva,
Welcome to the form.

I have never felt that lucid dreams or regular dreams had any negative effect on my waking life memory.

The following article has useful advice regarding sleep paralysis.

- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" - dreamstudies.org - by Ryan Hurd
- The "Ultimate" method - "scrunch up your face ... snarl ... and squint. Do this two or three times in a row ..."

Ryan has many other interesting articles about dreaming at this website.

Return to “For Beginners”