A dream within a dream within a dream??

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
fluffbutt1

A dream within a dream within a dream??

Postby fluffbutt1 » 01 Jun 2016 01:57

Ok, so not too long ago I had this terrifying dream. It wasn't a normal dream. It was almost like a nightmare I thought I wouldn't be able to wake up from. I was dreaming that I woke up from bed, got out of my room and walked down the hallway to go to the bathroom, but halfway down the hallway everything started looking fuzzy and it felt like I was loosing control of everything. Then I woke up from my bed. Atleast I thought I did. I walked out of my bedroom, went down the hall again, and it was more vivid this time. I made it to the bathroom, but I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked horrible. I looked like my hair was falling out, blood shot eyes with bags under them, terribly pale skin, but when I looked down at my arm I saw that it was my normal skin tone. Not pail like in the mirror. I realized it was a dream and now I was lucid. I told myself I had to wake up, so I did! I was back in my bed. Everything as vivid as it can be, everything felt so real. But I had to be sure. I went to look in the mirror, I looked fine. I went to every room of the house to look for something abnormal, and I found nothing strange. So i thought I was finally awake in reality. Until my dad came up to me and told me he had to show me this room he kept a secret my whole life. I was scared that this was a sign that I was still dreaming. Confused, I went with him and we went to the laundry room where there was this big door made out of wood, and the door frame was made out of grey bricks. He opened the door, and there was just white light coming out of it. He told me this was my destiny to go through the door but I got sick and tired of dreaming. I was frustrated at this point so I yelled "I have to wake up!" at the top of my lungs so I did. This time I really woke up from my real bed. I was finally in reality. I counted my fingers, held my nose while trying to breath through it, every reality check I knew I tried and I was reassured that I was awake. I probably should have done reality checks while still dreaming but whatever. My question is, why did I keep waking up in my dream?? I've had lucid dreams before but not like this. This was one of the scariest things that ever happened to me. Anyways, some clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

LucidWhale

Re: A dream within a dream within a dream??

Postby LucidWhale » 13 Jun 2016 19:32

Whenever I lucid dream I always wake up in another dream. This happens 9/10 times and if I feel like it I will go lucid in the second dream. Other times I will be tired of dreaming and want some quality sleep, so I will wake myself up however many times it takes to be fully awake (I never count though).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”