The Forum Changed! Am I dreaming?!?!??!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

The Forum Changed! Am I dreaming?!?!??!

Postby HAGART » 03 Jun 2016 13:43

I couldn't log in here for a whole day and kept getting a 404 error and now everything has changed! What do you all think about it? My first reaction is I hate change, and I wish I had saved a screenshot of the old version just to hold on to for nostalgia.

But I can grow to like this new layout.

Having been on other forums, I know this one was getting outdated. I'll explore it more and this was just an immediate reaction I wrote. I bet other regular users here are surprised as well.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Re: The Forum Changed! Am I dreaming?!?!??!

Postby HAGART » 03 Jun 2016 14:31

I found how to find my posts, but I don't see a green checkmark anymore to tell which ones I read. I'm becoming an old man and hate change.

I still remember the good 'ol days like it was yesterday... oh wait, it WAS yesterday!

:?

(still the same lame emojis though)

EDIT: I just realized that RED posts signify unread messages. I'm slow. :roll:

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 03 Jun 2016 16:03

I was wondering why it wasn't working yesterday too. Looks good to me though. Think about the change like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly. X3
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

Knife

Postby Knife » 03 Jun 2016 20:15

New design looks cool but I'm still trying to find out how to see the subforums I've read without analyzing the username's, topic names, dates,...
Inherit the earth

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Jun 2016 20:51

I must be dreaming!
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Jun 2016 02:47

DawnXEye11 wrote:Think about the change like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly.

I'm getting use to this butterfly now. I was on another forum back in 2013 with a very similar layout.

Knife wrote:New design looks cool but I'm still trying to find out how to see the subforums I've read without analyzing the username's, topic names, dates,...

If a message is unread the "text icon" on the left will appear red. If there is a red star on it, that means you have written a post in that thread before. If the icon is scrolling it means it's a trending thread that had many replies in a quick succession, just like the fire icon meant in the other version.

Maybe I'm Captain Obvious, but perhaps someone else reading this didn't know that.

I just realized there's a FAQ button at the top that helps people understand this forum better.

Knife

Postby Knife » 04 Jun 2016 19:09

Starting to get it :P Thanks CPT. Obvious!
Inherit the earth

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2016 07:09

I'm use to it too, now. I just wrote my immediate reaction when I made this thread after just a few seconds of seeing it. After a day, you figure it out.

It's got all the same features as before, with 2 improvements that I've noticed so far:

1. The Members search button actually works now after a few years of only providing an error page.
  2. The advanced search has more parameters to help zero in on exactly what you're searching for.

(I just used the "List=" function to make those numbered bullet points which were in the old version too, but am now relearning. Since it's a lucid dreaming forum, I'll draw a connection to dreaming. Sometimes changing the way you sleep or taking a break from lucid dreaming to start again, gives you fresh eyes, so you don't forget the simple things, and keep learning. Sometimes you have to relearn it, just to keep up the practice. )

Knife

Postby Knife » 09 Jun 2016 18:45

I noticed an "onlin" status next to my name on a post, maybe I just didn't notice before?
Inherit the earth

Return to “Off-Topic”