Was my dream an actual prediction of what was going to happen?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
pluginmango

Was my dream an actual prediction of what was going to happen?

Postby pluginmango » 04 Jun 2016 07:04

First a little backstory:
I have a friend who had promised to take me to see the new Warcraft movie and he had been going on about it for the past few months.
UNFORTUNATELY, this week he told me he had already gone to see it with his co-workers. I was kinda looking forward to it, so yes, I was a little disappointed. I told this to my crush the other day and he responded with: "That's horrible! We should totally go see that movie together to get back at him!". Of course this made me all excited, because....did he mean like, a date? He never mentioned anything about it for the rest of the day, so I started to doubt if he actually meant it. Sooooooo I was going to ask him the day after if he really wanted to go or not....which made me rehearse the entire conversation over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) in my head.

AND WHAT DID YOU THINK? I ACTUALLY DREAMT ABOUT IT TOO!

In my dream we were at work and we were having a break. He wore a dark blue shirt and brown leather jacket, I was sipping of my coffee. Suddenly I asked him: "So...The Warcraft movie...did you really want to go see it, too?" and he answered: "Yeah, I wanted to, but I haven't found anyone yet to go with." back to me: "Well, maybe we COULD go together. It should be fun!" Him: "Yeah, sure! Sounds great!" I gave him my number, said we would arrange a time and place and that was that! The dream went on for a while but it was just us casually talking so no big deal.

NOW ON TO THE BEST PART
Yesterday, I arrived at work to start my shift and he was having a break. He stood at the exact same spot we were standing in my dream and he wore a dark blue shirt and a brown leather jacket (note: he wasn't wearing that the day before). Since the similarities struck me so damn hard, I thought I should give it a shot and started the conversation the exact same way as in my dream.
"So...The Warcraft movie...did you really want to go see it, too?"
"Yeah, I wanted to, but I haven't found anyone yet to go with." (my brain: "OH MY GOD")
"Well, maybe we COULD go together. It should be fun!"
"Hmmm, I don't know. It's my birthday today and I plan on going out tonight, so I'll probably get shitfaced drunk and have a hangover."
(my brain: "Shit shit shit! This is not going according to plan! ABORT MISSION!")
me: " Whoa! You're going to have a hangover for the rest of the day? That's pretty brutal."
"Yeaaaaah, well, maybe I could tone it down a bit tonight...I actually really want to go. I'll let you know."
And finally
later that night
I received a text message saying: "If you're still up for it...I'd love to go see Warcraft with you tomorrow night. Let me know what time suits you best and I'll be there!"

So thanks to my dream, I had the confidence to ask him out and tonight we're going to see a movie together! :D
There is no spoon

Return to “Dream Interpretation”