Those Who Can't

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Cure4sleep

Those Who Can't

Postby Cure4sleep » 04 Jun 2016 18:27

So I am one of those unnatural lucid dreamer. Only lucid dreamed twice in my life, but not like "real life" level lucid like some lucky persons are.

Dream journal helped me discovered all my dreams were bad dreams lol! But I guess they weren't really nightmares because I was never in fear when chased by monsters. I am a horror movies lover!

The good thing is it proved dream journal works!

I theorize that most non lucid dreamers are not sleeping well. Aboriginal people must be great lucid dreamers they have a strong tradition in lucid herbs and hallucination herbs. They also had good jaw bones before colonization (because of their diet), which means they probably have 0% sleep apnea in their population before colonization. As for me, I am a life long sleep apnea sufferer.

Since I discovered what had been my curse all my life, which was poor sleep quality, I have been working on sharing insights about sleep. Hopefully I will become a habitual lucid dreamer soon. I am training myself for it. Oh as for my journal about sleep- www.cure4sleep.com

Pilgrim

Re: Those Who Can't

Postby Pilgrim » 05 Jun 2016 10:32

Hi! Welcome here!

I am curious about your sleep apnea. Do you now use CPAP to fix it, or do you sleep on your side? I obstruct in my airway when I sleep on my back. I have a strong jaw, but I am probably too overweight. (Large neck diameter is one of the risk factors.)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jun 2016 12:17

I stayed up last night drinking with my neighbour. I ended up going to bed at 4am and was rudely interrupted by work ringing me. I just went back to sleep and realised I was dreaming during a crazy dream. Yep, I guess I'm a natural even when I sleep poorly and don't even try! :-D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 06 Jun 2016 08:08

Scary looking one, if you resemble at all the proportions of your avatar, you have great airway. No micrognathia. Very skinny neck. Neck circumference 17 inches or more is a bad sign. Yours looks about 8.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Jun 2016 10:24

Who's the scary-looking one? :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 07 Jun 2016 00:27

Well, the squid (aka octopus) looks scary, but his neck size is massive. I refer to you, Summerlander. You do realize that your image might cause someone to dream of a monster? :lol:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Jun 2016 00:30

Nightmares are great opportunities to know thyself. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”