First LD! Tips?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Kate

First LD! Tips?

Postby Kate » 05 Jun 2016 16:49

For a while I've been trying to have a LD. Last night it finally happened. I was in my classroom when suddenly my tooth fell out. It hit me, this wasn't real my tooth hadn't been loose THIS IS A DREAM. I instantly felt that tingling feeling I was slipping out of the dream, I started to focus on my classroom and then spun around to feel the movement. I found myself in the cafeteria, "Guess what" I said to one of my classmates "You're a dream character" the kid in my class looked really confused. I grabbed some fish off the cafeteria bar (I hate fish and have no idea why I did that) and stuffed it into my mouth, it tasted like potatoes. I continued to tell people they were dream characters and continued to watch their reactions until I woke up. Any tips? What should I do next time (if there is a next time). Am I making progress?

Harry Potter

Re: First LD! Tips?

Postby Harry Potter » 05 Jun 2016 17:57

Congratulations.

I would say, for now, there are a few things you might do.
Trying to convince characters they are in a dream usually doesn't go well; you might end up getting too excited or angry or something and wake yourself up. Also, make sure you set a goal for once you find yourself in an LD. Otherwise, you just sort of wander around aimlessly and risk losing lucidity.
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 09 Jun 2016 02:24

That's a great first LD experience!! I've been in a dry spell myself, but I'd suggest spending some time thinking about some things you'd like to do while lucid then write them down. Every night before bed look it over so if you have another opportunity you'll remember your goals. Good luck!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Knife

Postby Knife » 09 Jun 2016 18:39

There's this huge post somewhere on here with ideas to do in LD's, you should check it out. Congratulations dude!
Inherit the earth

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 10 Jun 2016 07:46

Great start! I, personally, have not lost lucidity or dream stability by telling dream characters that it is a dream. Sometimes, they have looked confused. Other times, they argue back that it is not a dream.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”