VICE article on DreamLeaf

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Knife

VICE article on DreamLeaf

Postby Knife » 08 Jun 2016 21:27

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_au/read/i-tried-to-trick-my-brain-into-lucid-dreaming-with-some-pills-i-bought-online?utm_source=vicefbanz&utm_campaign=global

Thoughts?
Inherit the earth

R99

Re: VICE article on DreamLeaf

Postby R99 » 28 Jun 2016 13:29

Whatever they say, taking some medicine for lucid dreaming is a bad idea. It's not natural. Lucid dream meant to be natural. Keep it that way. The shortcuts are always easy, but u gonna miss something along the way.
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

Knife

Postby Knife » 28 Jun 2016 20:44

Exactly what I think about it ;)

Fuck meds, fuck painkillers and fuck concentration enhancers for ADD etc.

It might be a helpful tool for those with other opinions about medicins though.
Inherit the earth

R99

Postby R99 » 29 Jun 2016 11:02

Personally, I never take any medicine. I believe our body knows how to work around diseases, (most of it). We just need to give it sometime. But our modern life styles pushes us to take the shortcuts.

In case of supplements, it's ok with me. Coz I know my eating habits won't give me that much help to maintain a healthy body.
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

Knife

Postby Knife » 29 Jun 2016 18:11

Supplements as in vitamins etc?

Never tried it, don't plan to. Same philosophy here. I'll get my vitamins the natural way. From fries and burgers that is :shock: :mrgreen:
Nah while my food consuming is far from healthy, I do eat a lot of fruit.
Inherit the earth

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Jun 2016 03:09

But still, u need to control that too. Pesticides are real threat to human health. It's better to put fruits and vegetables in water with salt or turmeric for few minutes before consuming. What is ur opinion on eating cooked meat these days. I don't see any significance on being a "meathead" :lol: these days. They uses a very rude way to preserve meats. It's better to stop eating meat. Steroids and other chemicals are being used uncontrollably.

Dane

Postby Dane » 30 Jun 2016 08:58

R99 wrote:They uses a very rude way to preserve meats. It's better to stop eating meat. Steroids and other chemicals are being used uncontrollably.

could you be more specific on what you mean by a rude way of preserving meat ?
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Jun 2016 09:30

I meant, people who try to gain more profit by using unscientific way to preserve meat. They just don't care about humans who eats it. I have seen some bizarre ways to preserve meat. On YouTube ofcoz.

Dane

Postby Dane » 30 Jun 2016 10:15

some people indeed knowingly intoxicate meat with chem's known to cause various diseases, for they're own selfish benefits..
and i firmly believe that these people should procecuted.

i'd rather slaughter and preserve my own meat, but i just don't have any cows xD ( yet.. ).

in my personal pov, i dont see why taking vitamines and sorts would harm one, lest they be used as an additive and not as a replacement.
and medicine, mwa im not fond of it, but common sense goes along way.
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Knife

Postby Knife » 30 Jun 2016 19:13

R99 wrote:But still, u need to control that too. Pesticides are real threat to human health. It's better to put fruits and vegetables in water with salt or turmeric for few minutes before consuming. What is ur opinion on eating cooked meat these days. I don't see any significance on being a "meathead" :lol: these days. They uses a very rude way to preserve meats. It's better to stop eating meat. Steroids and other chemicals are being used uncontrollably.

Word, I know everything about that, although there's always gonna be something unhealthy. I rarely wash vegetables and fruits tho, I know I should haha. I still live with my parents until the start of next schoolyear, so my food consuming is not the worst, by far. It's the snacks in between that kill me yo, after 5 hours of working hunger (or desire for food) takes control :twisted:

I know veganism is the way to go, but I guess I love meat too much. I don't mind eating healthy, I actually prefer it most of the time but I'm not putting a lot of energy in my eating habits at the moment. Next year Imma live with my uncle, so I'll cook a lot myself. I'm going to try to make it as healthy as possible, although I'm not planning to cut out meat.

Never has mankind eaten completely healthy, and I find it absurd that so many people are into eating superhealthy nowadays. Okay, it is probably better but it costs a lot of money (supply and demand) and eating slightly less healthy won't kill you. Maybe it's because I'm not trying to become the oldest man ever lived or something.

I do wanna grow my own crops later though. I also want to learn how to get food the survival way, but we just can't eat like our ancestors did because our body isn't used to that rough rugged and raw food.

Conclusion: I totally agree with you and support you if you wanna go (or are going) the vegan route. This world is fucking corrupt and rotten to the bone, for an unknown reason we're being fed crappy food. I'm planning to eat healthy, but I realize going all the way is not for me. Maybe one day, but not at the time.

PS: Why the fuck does a few grams of walnuts or other nuts cost as much as a can of queen crab?
PPS: This noon during lunch break some dude showed up refusing to eat the raisinbreadthings because it wasn't healthy. "Yo raisins are healthy" I joked. Dude started about how raisins were the most unhealthy of all dried fruit. Fuck that shit. I hate how people act "better" because of things like that and shove their beautiful perfect crap in your face on every occasion. Makes me wanna slam a pineapple in his throath. "Here's your C-vitamins for the day" :twisted:
Inherit the earth

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”