Having non-vivid lucid dreams without much control

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Eve0

Having non-vivid lucid dreams without much control

Postby Eve0 » 09 Jun 2016 21:22

Hi, I've been trying to lucid dream for about 2 months now and in that span I've had around 15-20 lucid dreams, but only two or three somewhat vivid ones where I feel as though I've had full control. In all the others, I've became lucid, I did a reality check but still lack control of my movements and the dream itself has not been vivid. Now, I've read the articles on prolonging my dream and making them more vivid, and have repeatedly said in my dreams that "I'm dreaming", and have performed reality checks to reaffirm that, and have tried to make my dreams more vivid while I'm lucid by telling the dreams my intentions, ("Clarity now", "I want this dream to become more vivid instantly", etc) as I read I should do. However, none of these techniques have worked, and my lucid dreams have remained non-vivid for the most part and I don't have much control as to what I can do and attempting to move however I like. In addition, (again, except for the two or three vivid ones that lasted around 10 minutes by my approximations) have only lasted 30 seconds to 2 minutes. So my questions are: Is this normal for beginner lucid dreamers? Does anyone have any tips as to what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Knife

Re: Having non-vivid lucid dreams without much control

Postby Knife » 10 Jun 2016 19:14

The LD's I had back in the days were usually the same as the ones you described. I think its due to the fact that I wasn't fully prepared on what to in the dream. I always got excited and started messing around and then everything became blurry and I woke up or lost lucidity.

Try to set small goals for yourself on what you want to achieve in your dreams and remember to stick to them. I only once had a pretty controllable LD and that was when I remembered the things I wanted to do in it.

Also remember that you're a beginner, you will progress as long as you don't give up! It's completely normal, you have to crawl before you can walk right? I think the amount of lucid dreams you had in your first 2 months is amazing by the way! Be grateful!

I think the more experienced dreamers on here can give you some other tips that might help, meanwhile check out the "dream control specifics" section, you'll find some answers there too.
Inherit the earth

Return to “For Beginners”