First time lucid dreamer (Sort of)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TimeTravlr

First time lucid dreamer (Sort of)

Postby TimeTravlr » 13 Jun 2016 20:07

Hello,

As the title states, I am new to lucid dreaming. Sort of. I have at least two memories from when I was young when I was able to control my dreams after realizing I was dreaming, both these dreams being nightmares and I was able to make the nightmares dissipate. Last night, while in my common state of insomnia, I was laying in bed browsing through youtube and came across a video on lucid dreaming using FILD. While I was drifting to sleep I used the FILD method and instantly started feeling myself drift while staying aware. At first i was having trouble seeing my surroundings clearly, everything was dark (Despite the setting being outdoors in daylight) soon enough things became brighter although not yet fully vivid. The first thing I attempted to do was run and fly, which was not successful but I was able to easily leap great heights into the air as well as, for the first time actually run in a dream without feeling like I had cement on my feet.

In this lucid dream, I lost and regained lucidity a few times. I had trouble with creating dream figures. While I was able to create dream figures at will, I was never able to see their faces. I was also successful in using reality checks by pinching my nose and breathing. I can't even count how many time I did a reality check. I seem to remember that when becoming lucid again after losing awareness, I was able to remember what I was dreaming after I lost awareness. I had about 5 false awakenings, which were extremely vivid and insanely convincing that I was actually awake. The nose pinch came in handy. The most amazing thing to me is that now that I recall, I didn't use the FILD method while drifting to sleep. I used the FILD method in my dream. I remember being outdoors when I started using the FILD method, and I don't sleep outdoors.

I have had prior experiences with astral projection, from which I learned to use sleep paralysis to project. I found it useful as well with lucid dreaming.

Transcending.

Re: First time lucid dreamer (Sort of)

Postby Transcending. » 08 Jul 2016 03:14

Nice, can you tell me about you astral project?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”