exploding head syndrome

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Dane

exploding head syndrome

Postby Dane » 14 Jun 2016 19:00

hey all,

as a beginner ive never intentionally induced a LD, but i was reading around here and something struck me.

when i was about 20 years or so, i had a pretty stressfull life, did allot of drugs, in hindsight i was depressed and all and whatnot.
also it was a period in which i rarely could sleep well ( as in not getting into sleep-mode, or waking up after an hour or 2 ).

anyway, around that same time i started hearing when i was trying to sleep, very cearly and pretty loud explosions.
actually some were so loud i woke up, and my body shock from the blastwave.
almost every day(night)
it wasnt always boms sometimes it was the cracking of lightning, and i could somewhat even notice the heat coming off the bolt.
as an experienced hallucinator, i knew that these were sensory hallucinations ( as vivid as they might be ), and i blamed it on the stress i was experiencing that time.

now lately, ive been hearing them again, while my depression has been fought and defeated, and my only problems are superficial, and i cant say i have a stressfull life anymore.
but they are increasing in occurrances.

now i found its called exploding head syndrome, and appears too happen when a person is not fully awake.

in what way is this connected to LD, is it the hypnogognia state or what ?
and can i use this to help me enter a LD,
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Tgodly

Re: exploding head syndrome

Postby Tgodly » 15 Jun 2016 06:09

This could definitely help you enter a lucid dream because it sounds a lot like sleep paralysis which is in tune with the WILD method of lucid dreaming. So instead of waking up next time it happens, try to realize what's happening, acknowledge its not real, but then use it to stay lucid as you pass into your dream. This could actually be very beneficial to getting you into lucid dreaming because you always have a good trigger to get you to realize it is a dream. Best wishes!

Dane

Postby Dane » 15 Jun 2016 19:14

hmmm ..
are you saying that i previously -unintended-engaged a wild ?
which either failed for lack of awareness,
or proceded but failed to remember it ?
interesting thought.

i do must say that when i experienced the actual shockwaves, i did not wake myself but it was rather a involuntary reflex.

i hope i can make use of out it, i'll definantly give it a good try.

thanks matey!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Jun 2016 19:38

I have a theory. You were down, depressed and not getting enough sleep. When you did, the brain probably felt like it had a lot of work to do in terms of recuperation---hence the head blast perceived as hallucinatory feedback from brazen neuronal activity.

This left an imprint in your brain that suggested another potential which happens to also provide ways to achieve optimal self-integration. Since the brazen imprint was created as a reaction to your mental trouble at the time, you now have a propensity to gravitate towards sleep hallucinations which get you closer to the fully-fledged mirage world of lucid dreams.

To conclude, you are not experiencing the exploding head syndrome and other sleep hallucinations because you are mentally recidivating; you experience them now because your brain has discovered another innate potential. :geek:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Dane

Postby Dane » 16 Jun 2016 22:21

a reasonable thought. :idea:
i'll need time to examine this.
i'll let you know how it turns out.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2016 23:12

That's great! Let us know how it goes---I'm quite intrigued about this. I look forward to reading your experiences whether you manage to reach lucidity or not. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”