Dreaming about lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
CCX1917

Dreaming about lucid dreaming?

Postby CCX1917 » 16 Jun 2016 02:24

Last night, I dreamt that I had a lucid dream. It's a little hard to describe. I haven't had a lucid dream yet, and it felt like a normal dream. In the dream, I was partially controlling it (but not conciously myself), however everything else went along like a dream. I suppose this is a good sign since my subconscious is thinking about lucid dreaming?

Tgodly

Re: Dreaming about lucid dreaming?

Postby Tgodly » 16 Jun 2016 06:11

This always happened to me and it was so annoying because I could feel how close I was. I would like see myself being lucid from above, but I didn't have control, it was like I was watching a movie of myself lucid dreaming. And this kept happening. But I would never do a reality check cause I thought I was lucid. So I suggest that when u realize you think your lucid, no matter how sure you seem TRY A REALITY CHECK that's the advice I give you. Best wishes!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jun 2016 00:46

It comes with the territory. I've had some dreams in which I'm changing the dream and controlling it but never realize I was dreaming. It happens to everybody. The main significant change between a normal dream and a lucid dream is when you gain a self awareness and that kicks in. Otherwise, both are fun and no need to feel like being non-lucid or almost lucid is a failure. It's all part of the territory.

With that attitude, you can never win or fail and just keep on being curious all the time. That's my overall advice.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Knife

Postby Knife » 21 Jun 2016 21:43

Yo I had something similar tonight. I suddenly remembered it 30 minutes after waking up while starting my computer. I was like "yo did I just LD?" :lol: I dont remember much of the dream but I remember rubbing my hands to stabalize the dream. I also remember being on a two floor bed and eventually the bed became a long path on top of mountains. I must've slipped out of the little consciousness I had in the dream and went on with a regular dream. I had written two sentences of another normal dream down and was a bit dissapointed that I couldn't recall more, and then I remembered haha.

But your on the right path! Keep working! :mrgreen:
Inherit the earth

upstairsmuffin

Postby upstairsmuffin » 26 Jun 2016 14:57

I experienced this as well, just as I started trying to lucid dream and went to sleep feeling excited after spending a whole day reading about lucid dreaming.
I performed my reality check, pushing my fingers through my palm, but gained no lucidity or control. I don't think I realised the significance of my reality check and was not self-aware enough to be convinced that I was dreaming, however I imagined that I was lucid dreaming and seemed to pretend that I was. I told people in my dream that I was dreaming, because I had imagined myself doing that during the day. But that was all I did, the dream still flowed with its usual non-lucid level of independent control. I seemed to be trying to convince myself I was lucid dreaming while I was not. It did show a level of awareness though, that I usually don't have in dreams. It's only very occasionally that I think about dreams while I'm dreaming, and the more I do that the better.
I remember talking to someone in my dream and I thought to myself "Wait, if this is a dream, then I'm not actually talking to this person. I'm talking to myself." Then the dream sort of dissolved. I'm not sure why, but it might have been because I felt it was pointless to talk to someone who doesn't exist - an attitude I recognise is incorrect while I'm awake.
This happened about a week ago and I think has been the closest I've been to lucid dreaming. I feel like I need more self-awareness in my dreams.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”