Has anyone else experienced this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
WobblyKnees15

Has anyone else experienced this?

Postby WobblyKnees15 » 23 Jun 2016 04:03

Sorry for not posting this in the correct topic, this one is slightly more active and I just wanted some replies.
So throughout my life as far back as I can remember I've experienced dreams where my knees suddenly go weak and this sort of tickling sensation comes over my legs and makes it very difficult to walk. I just had a dream like this the other day, where I was walking down a crowded path surrounded by people I know, when suddenly I could barely walk any more. I tried to act natural, you know. I whipped my phone out of my pocket and walked slower, pretending to be doing something important where I would feel the need to walk slower than the rest of the crowd. But alas, my legs gave out and I had to sit down, in the middle of a crowded sidewalk. When this happens, I can't get up either. I'm not in pain, but it's just impossible to get up no matter how hard I try.
Another event that occurs often in my dreams is losing my vision. Most of the time this is combined with the walking thing. So what happens is I'll be trying to do something, or trying to get somewhere when my vision just kind of gets black blotches all over it, like when you stare at the sun. Actually, that's exactly what it feels like. Imagine the tickling sensation when you stare directly at light, this is also what it feels like it my legs. So anyways, my vision goes dark, and I stumble to the ground, helpless. The rest of the dream is just me struggling to stand up and see clearly again. These dreams aren't scary at all, just sort of uncomfortable.
Has anyone else experienced reoccurring sensations like this? If you have please comment, I'd like to know if this is normal or not.
"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own." ~Albus Dumbledore

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

R99

Re: Has anyone else experienced this?

Postby R99 » 23 Jun 2016 15:25

It's kind of normal. I used to had it way b4, like 8 years b4. I tried to research about it, and found that, this is a sign of struggle in your present life. For me It was because of my school studies and part time job. I was really struggling to maintain these two in one time on those days. It's a subconscious sign that, u need to take it ease, and control ur emotions. Don't get tense. I hope this explanation helped. A personal question how old are u?
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

FloatGuru

Re: Has anyone else experienced this?

Postby FloatGuru » 02 Jul 2016 04:17

I've experienced similar things. Occasionally I become paralyzed in my dreams. I presume this is because the wake/dream barrier gets thin, and I'm getting input from my physical body. Since I'm asleep, my body is in sleep paralysis and that bleeds over to the dream world.

A tip for when your vision goes dark is to pry open your eyes with your dream hands. This can return your focus to the visual aspect of the dream world :)
Looking for the Time Travelers.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”