Hi

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sataaaaa

Hi

Postby Sataaaaa » 23 Jun 2016 18:38

Its been a week since ive tried MILD method and i havent start lucid dreaming. I dont know what is the problem.

Every night i just lay down and focus on my breathing. Then for about 10 minutes more or less i can feel that my body fall asleep. But after that my mind is like fully concious. And i started visualise how my first lucid would be. Then my thought start to wander and i visualise again but my thought start to wander again. It goes on for like half an hour. I started frustrating because i coudnt dream so i just let my thought wander around. But then i cannot sleep at all.

Somebody help me please. Thank you

Casper

Re: Hi

Postby Casper » 24 Jun 2016 14:41

Hi Sata.

What you're doing is actually the WILD technique. But you shouldn't be doing this before bed, but after 5,6 hours of sleep (you need to have a alarm or something). Then you should do this again. Because if you fall asleep, you won't directly fall into REM (in REM you have dreams. And you have multiple REM's in one night of sleep), you fall into normal sleep. If you wake up after 5,6 hours of sleep you have a big change you're problably in REM.

I'm not very good yet either, but I know you shouldn't be doing it BEFORE sleep.

Hope I could help!

Dane

Re: Hi

Postby Dane » 24 Jun 2016 15:35

In addition to casper,

I think you are expecting a quick and satisfying result, and as you can see it resulted in disappointment/frustration.
For some it goes easier then others, but if this would/could be your first dream, then ofcourse you have no comprehension of what exactly to expect, other then theoretical experienced and merely a result.

But this also means that once you have had your first, the second (and so on) wil be easier.

Just have patience and discipline and keep an open mind and it will come when you are ready for it.

And about the mind wandering off, try meditation ;)

Good luck matey!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “For Beginners”