Hello!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Grand Master

Hello!

Postby Grand Master » 24 Jun 2016 19:44

Hi everyone. I am from an island community in the Carribean, I am so isolated I don't even know how to spell that word properly :lol:

I have just turned 30 and I have been out searching for new perspectives on life so I can understand more about myself at this old, yet incredibly young age.

My life has been pretty bizarre on the whole, being from the type of community I live on, but in reality, I am a very colorful guy :D

Anyway, I stumbled upon this idea of Lucid Dreaming in this quest for new perspectives and found it very interesting, and it reminded me of dreams I had when I was a child.

The first I want to share is most definitely a lucid dream because I certainly knew I was in a dream. This took place when I was 13. So I was simply walking down a forested path in New Hampshire (where I briefly lived at the time) and I simply knew right at the start I was dreaming. Silly me though, my first action was to pinch myself, a common trope you see on cartoons, how they pinch themselves to wake themselves up. I dunno why I decided to make this choice but what was so weird was I saw the entire scene flash out into white before I woke up. Perhaps that was the lucidity evaporating.

Anyway, I am very interested in the subject because quite frankly, I don't dream much at all anymore. I work for the tourism industry and always outside working in the 90+ degree heat. Work until 11 PM and I really am not that quick to go to sleep.

I've been trying Melatonin to get better sleep and thankfully my air conditioner works this summer, but I still can't seem to get dreams.

I've had, say 2 or 3 in the past four months. And most of the time I forget all about it within half an hour (guess thats where dream journals come in!)

R99

Re: Hello!

Postby R99 » 26 Jun 2016 18:22

Welcome to the group buddy. A cool community is waiting for you. Best place for a growing mind. Good luck dreamer.
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

Dane

Postby Dane » 27 Jun 2016 18:21

Welcome matey!

first of all, its a bucketlist topic of mine to sail my own boat from europe to where you live.
perhaps one day, we meet ;).

anyway, i dare to say that you DO dream.
the thing is that you don't remember them, and as you said that is indeed where the dream journal comes to the stage.
you work in tourism, in high temps and until 2300.
now im guessing you don't start at 1400, so i can image in overall, that your career life is pretty stressfull, which has some serious effects on the human body.
thats probably why you think you don't dream anymore.

i sincerly hope you will find what you are looking for on your journey inward.
you don't live to work
you work to live.

best of luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Grand Master

Postby Grand Master » 04 Dec 2016 17:37

Hey everyone.

So first, I'm glad I'm capable of dreaming. There's about three good dreams I can remember since I made this topic.

Let me begin by describing that the area I live in is a bunch of islands scattered around with a main island as the hub. Since I can remember, my Bahamian community has been included in my dream world, but always in a much different, but consistent state. For example, between main island and Elbow Cay, where in real life are five small islands in between, now stands two giant atol-type islands. Those always exist in my dreams when I go to that area.

Second, I admit the reason I don't dream much is probably because of the smoking. yeah. Its just common practice in my area. Its a tough life in my country. I know its not good for dreaming, but I can't remove it yet. Like I said though, I have had possibilities of dreaming. And let me share.

Last night, I dreamt I was on the local strip, which is the same as it always is when I dream about it, with the bar being on the second floor and with a much different layout. There were people I worked with, but others from different islands. Wish I had better dream control, because I need to learn to talk to dream people.

Another cool one I had involved a secret base of sorts within one of those atol islands I mentioned. Was cool having such a dream.

I know what you say, dream journal! Dream journal! But the fact is, why bother with one if I can't dream that good to begin with?

Sometimes I try binaural beats, but its just uncomfortable to try to sleep with headphones on.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”