Lucid or vivid dream? Please help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SlayerOfLight

Lucid or vivid dream? Please help

Postby SlayerOfLight » 25 Jun 2016 13:33

Ok so last night I had this weird dream where I had a slight sense of self awareness and to an extend I was aware that I was dreaming, because I met one of my friends and asked him if he was really my friend or just a dream version of him (at first he reacted confused, but then he slowly but surely started to speak more and seemed to develop his own consciousness) but I'm not sure if I should call it a lucid dream because I was still unable to control everything, and the rest of the dream just kind of followed a script like a usual dream.

It probably wasn't a true lucid dream, as that has yet to happen. But I have been starting to do reality checks and things like that, so perhaps was this dream a good sign that I am slowly beginning to get more lucid?

FloatGuru

Re: Lucid or vivid dream? Please help

Postby FloatGuru » 27 Jun 2016 06:52

There's kind of a range of lucid dreams in my experience. I suppose the question is: did you have an "a-ha!" moment? Just because you weren't able to exercise dream control doesn't necessarily mean you weren't lucid. By definition, if you are aware that you are in a dream when you're dreaming, it's a lucid dream.

Realistically, when you do get to the point where you have a truly lucid dream, you'll be absolutely certain of it. :)
Looking for the Time Travelers.

SlayerOfLight

Postby SlayerOfLight » 28 Jun 2016 12:45

FloatGuru wrote:There's kind of a range of lucid dreams in my experience. I suppose the question is: did you have an "a-ha!" moment? Just because you weren't able to exercise dream control doesn't necessarily mean you weren't lucid. By definition, if you are aware that you are in a dream when you're dreaming, it's a lucid dream.

Realistically, when you do get to the point where you have a truly lucid dream, you'll be absolutely certain of it. :)

Wow, someone actually replied. Thanks for the answer! The thing is, I don't think I have had a true lucid dream yet, but I did have extremely vivid dreams that took place in my own bedroom. Actually, I still don't know if they were lucid or not but they may be (and hopefully) the beginning stage.

Dane

Postby Dane » 28 Jun 2016 21:26

if not, then you are probably close ;)

best of luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “For Beginners”