My first lucid dream was too short!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
umdylan

My first lucid dream was too short!

Postby umdylan » 29 Jun 2016 17:17

Last night I had my first ever lucid dream. That night my plans were to try MILD before I go to bed, and FILD after my alarm wakes me up in the middle of the night. But I kind of forgot to do MILD. I just told myself out loud, "I will realize I'm dreaming". Then, I just fell asleep.

I dreamt that I'm in my bedroom, standing next to my desk. Something seems odd. The room looks like a dark blue tone and there isn't a lot of different colors. I assume it's because it's night time. But I decide to do a reality check anyway. I pinch my nose and try to breathe through it. Surprisingly, I can still breathe! I tell myself that I'm in a lucid dream. I tell myself to calm down so I don't wake myself up. I look at my hands, and I can kind of see them, but it's very blurry. Everything around the room is dark and blue and blurry. I feel a strange sensation when I walk around. I can't describe in words what it felt like, but it did not feel like I was normally walking. For some reason (maybe I forgot I was lucid), all I did in the dream was walk around the room. After what felt like 5 minutes, my alarm woke me up.

Now my question is, what the heck just happened? I got a lucid dream, but it was kind of garbage dream. Yes, it's memorable for sure, but like it was too short. Should I blame my alarm, or do you think that I actually forgot I was lucid? Any tips on making the dream last longer and more vivid?

Dane

Re: My first lucid dream was too short!

Postby Dane » 30 Jun 2016 09:54

congratulation on your first LD!

next time try to stabilize the dream.
here are some neat tips&tricks ;)

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-make-lucid-dreams-last-longer.html

Best of Luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”