Power Metal

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
SlayerOfLight

Power Metal

Postby SlayerOfLight » 30 Jun 2016 14:43

Any power metal fans around here? My favorite power metal bands are Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, and Freedom Call. They often have lyrics about dreams and fantasy related stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of you shares the same interest.

Summerlander

Re: Power Metal

Postby Summerlander » 30 Jun 2016 15:44

I'm not a big fan but I do possess a couple of Hammerfall records and a few Dragonforce ones. The latter is definitely more up my alley. My wife loves 'Fallen One'. (She's not big on metal anyway.) 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

SlayerOfLight

Postby SlayerOfLight » 30 Jun 2016 15:55

lol I just happen to listen to Dragonforce right now as I have read your comment. I don't listen to Dragonforce as much as the other bands I mentioned, but they are awesome as well nonetheless.

Dane

Postby Dane » 30 Jun 2016 16:56

Although dragonforce would rather be speedmetal, i do like them.
I haven't heard anything with their new vocalist thou.

Ive got a couple of hammerfall albums aswel as machine head, amon amarth, manowar opeth and tons which i can't name right now xD
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

SlayerOfLight

Postby SlayerOfLight » 30 Jun 2016 17:38

To be concrete, the metal encyclopedia recognizes them as power metal (I say they're both power and speed)

but yea I can tell you have an awesome taste in music,
and Manowar is the sh!t xD

Dane

Postby Dane » 30 Jun 2016 19:34

Hmmm, indeed it does state that, although i personally disagree, but thats not the subject.

Im also the proud owner of all death cd's 8-) .
You'd definently like it ;)

SlayerOfLight

Postby SlayerOfLight » 30 Jun 2016 20:51

You know, I think we can both learn a lot from each other when it comes to music. Perhaps I should create a song sharing thread in the off-topic section as well (allthough everyone is allowed in there of course)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jul 2016 00:45

Opeth is an awesome band. The first ever song I heard by Machine Head was 'The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears'. I knew immediately that those fuckers kick arse! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Dane

Postby Dane » 01 Jul 2016 12:41

SlayerOfLight wrote:You know, I think we can both learn a lot from each other when it comes to music. Perhaps I should create a song sharing thread in the off-topic section as well (allthough everyone is allowed in there of course)

Not just music, i think we can learn allot from one another on all aspects of life through honest en sincere communication.

Music can somewhat be compared to dreaming an sich, as long as you have patience&discipline, anything your mind can concieve could become reality ;)
Even thou i myself don't play an instrument.

I think you should, maybe in the general line as with the "random link show" thread.

Have you seen opeth live ? Wtf! Exactly as the original production, not a note missed/misplaced/orwhatever, unf'ingbelievable.
(I immediately popped "orchid" in ).

My personal favorite machine head song is, aesthetics of hate.
The emotion is so honest ive yet to encounter one equal.
Appearently the vocalist was given adoption ( i don't know how to say that ), and basicly with this song he's giving his biological parents a Very big finger.

SlayerOfLight

Postby SlayerOfLight » 01 Jul 2016 13:19

Dane wrote:
SlayerOfLight wrote:You know, I think we can both learn a lot from each other when it comes to music. Perhaps I should create a song sharing thread in the off-topic section as well (allthough everyone is allowed in there of course)

Not just music, i think we can learn allot from one another on all aspects of life through honest en sincere communication.

Music can somewhat be compared to dreaming an sich, as long as you have patience&discipline, anything your mind can concieve could become reality ;)
Even thou i myself don't play an instrument.

I think you should, maybe in the general line as with the "random link show" thread.

Have you seen opeth live ? Wtf! Exactly as the original production, not a note missed/misplaced/orwhatever, unf'ingbelievable.
(I immediately popped "orchid" in ).

My personal favorite machine head song is, aesthetics of hate.
The emotion is so honest ive yet to encounter one equal.
Appearently the vocalist was given adoption ( i don't know how to say that ), and basicly with this song he's giving his biological parents a Very big finger.

Sounds good to me. And unfortunately I haven't seen Opeth live, the only bands I have seen live so far are Sabaton and Equilibrium (those guys f*king rule btw, you should check them out) and in december I'm going to see Iced Earth and Ensiferum.

And I checked said song out, damn that's some heavy Thrash lol

Return to “Off-Topic”