Feeling of shame after sexual lucid dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kittiedreamz

Feeling of shame after sexual lucid dreams?

Postby kittiedreamz » 01 Jul 2016 23:04

Hello everyone! I've recently got sober from drugs & alcohol, and ever since, I've been having vivid lucid dreams where I am either engaged in sexual activity with another person (normally someone I know or have had sexual relationships with) or on the outside looking in at someone engaged in sexual activity.. (as well as many unrelated vivid lucid dreams involving flying and real-life acquaintances). I don't necessarily dislike these dreams, I'm just not very accustomed to them. I will seemingly wake myself out of them, with a feeling of shame or feelings that someone can sense me having them (ie: neighbors, family members, deceased loved ones.) I suppose what I'm interested in is feedback and opinions as well as advice on how to better control these dreams, thanks!!

FloatGuru

Re: Feeling of shame after sexual lucid dreams?

Postby FloatGuru » 02 Jul 2016 02:58

Hey kittiedreamz,

First and foremost: congrats on getting sober! Many of us know that that's not a very easy thing to do. Often different substances (i.e. alcohol or marijuana) will decrease your sleep quality and reduce your dream recall. When you get sober, you're getting more proper sleep, and almost definitely more REM sleep. This is likely why this increase in vivid and lucid dreams has occurred.

There's a quote I like:
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who pee in the shower, and liars."

I think the same can likely be said of lucid dreams. When most people realize they can live out any fantasy they want, many will often experiment with sexual dreams. It's totally natural, so you shouldn't feel any shame.

Personally, I found it to be a waste of time though. I got bored very quickly of these dreams, especially when I was lucid. Since lucid dreams are fairly uncommon, I found the time was better spent doing things that I COULDN'T do in the real world.

When you ask for advice on how to better control these dreams, what are you asking specifically? How to not have them? How to change the situation? How to make these dreams last longer?

-FloatGuru
Looking for the Time Travelers.

kittiedreamz

Postby kittiedreamz » 02 Jul 2016 20:37

I am under the impression that lucid dreaming is just being aware that you're having a dream experience,not necessarily being in control of the dream. I want to be able to recreate this experience and place myself in a higher astral realm, as currently these dreams have been in the lower, dark, blurry realms.

Dane

Postby Dane » 03 Jul 2016 08:21

kittiedreamz wrote:I am under the impression that lucid dreaming is just being aware that you're having a dream experience,not necessarily being in control of the dream. I want to be able to recreate this experience and place myself in a higher astral realm, as currently these dreams have been in the lower, dark, blurry realms.

Indeed, being 'lucid' merely means to realise that you are experiencing a dream.
And having control, is per definition not required.

Blurry sight could indicate an instable construct.
Wish&believe in clarity to make it happen.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-make-lucid-dreams-last-longer.html

Good luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “For Beginners”