Question for experts!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
GlazERP

Question for experts!

Postby GlazERP » 02 Jul 2016 05:25

Hi everyone,

New user here looking for some insight from lucid dreaming experts. I'm looking to perform some scientific lucid dreaming experiments. Specifically I'm wondering if you can hear sounds from real life in your lucid dreams, like alarm clocks, etc? My goal is to send audio tones to lucid dreamers and record EEG activity to facilitate in-dream communication. Any insight would be helpful!

Knife

Re: Question for experts!

Postby Knife » 02 Jul 2016 23:00

I'm far from an expert but I guess I can share my experience.

I actually DO remember my alarm waking me up from a LD. In my lucid state I heard the alarm (not sure if it was the original sound tho) and I remember thinking "Fuck, not now". I tried to fight waking up but I failed :mrgreen: When I'm lucid in the early morning I always have the alarm in the back of my head too. I realize my sense of time is flawed in the dream so I'm always scared the alarm will go off.

Anyway, good luck with the experiment! Don't forget to keep us updated with the progressions! :arrow:
Inherit the earth

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jul 2016 21:24

yes, they may be interpreted differently but they do get in. My brother was lucid a few nights back and had set his alarm to go of for WBTB and the it came into his dream and he responded to it. was funny as he was setting it for WBTB but was already in that state. lol his SC playing tricks on him
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 06 Jul 2016 18:24

Well I don't know if this can help you or not, I haven't yet succeeded to go lucid, but I can clearly remember my dreams in the morning.
During a period of time my alarm was the song "Smile" from Avril Lavigne. When it rang, the first thing that happened was a huge loss of clarity, I mean, physics going crazy, story of the dream getting off its course, and whatever my unconscious could translate from the kick (alarm in this case) appearing, this I don't recall well, but I can remember some signs like Avril appearing as a character :|.
Well, I think it's not like in Inception anyway :P
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Jul 2016 00:07

I was in a dream once and a person was speaking nonsense to me. They were just squeaking and chirping and making no sense.

I woke up and realized my window was open, and it was the sound of birds in the morning infiltrating my dream. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Jul 2016 00:11

star64rogue wrote:Well, I think it's not like in Inception anyway

I said "infiltrated" and now you have me thinking.... Those damn birds were trying to get in my head weren't they?!
They were planting the seed of an idea, I'm sure. A bird seed.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Jul 2016 00:20

In all seriousness though, I set my alarm the other day to wake up after just 3 hours of sleeping and didn't hear it at all. When in a deep sleep I won't pick up on any external sounds but in a light sleep I do. That's my experience and I bet others can relate. Hope that helps. Continue with your experiment.

Hitch

Postby Hitch » 19 Aug 2016 22:56

HAGART wrote:In all seriousness though, I set my alarm the other day to wake up after just 3 hours of sleeping and didn't hear it at all. When in a deep sleep I won't pick up on any external sounds but in a light sleep I do. That's my experience and I bet others can relate. Hope that helps. Continue with your experiment.

I've been practicing for 26 years now and I can say that with 100% certainty that noises and sounds can and will get in. Not all the time but I will say that they can. Its actually funny sometimes to see how they get interpreted into the dream. And also sometimes you just get woke up. Which just brings you to the front door of reinsertion practice if you're a little more advanced and if you were in fact lucid to begin with.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”