Reality Beleifs

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
star64rogue

Reality Beleifs

Postby star64rogue » 02 Jul 2016 20:04

Hi everyone,
It's a long time, since my childhood, that I always get a moment in my dreams to do a reality check, even before reading this website's tricks or willing to enter a lucid dream. Unfortunately, there will be two groups of reality checks which have their own response.
One is a positive response, as I've always beleived in the hidden existence of magic, souls, ghosts, and supernatural, these things seem just real when I encounter them in my dreams, which seems I've got no workaround for it. For instance, I was once in a battle and I warded a sword with bare hands and threw the enemy backwards, I just asked how, and I responded, defensive spells!
The other group, is almost always responded negatively, which I'm actually curious about, in this case the outcome is crazy, sometimes I wake up immediately and sometimes just the graphics get jammed and I'm put into another unconscious dream. I remember a dream in which I was waering something that my father strongly denied and I knew if he sees me like that, he would go mad at me, but he just passed and didn't care a bit, that moment I realised there's something strange, I tried to make a reality check, I asked myself how didn't he see this, but this question just shattered the whole dream and I woke up.
I don't really expect much, it's not been a long time since I willingly tried to penetrate my dreams, but these things seem a bit odd.
Thanks for your help. :roll:
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

Dane

Re: Reality Beleifs

Postby Dane » 03 Jul 2016 09:01

Hmm interesting how expectation does not always come true.

This is what came to mind.

On the positive side.
You believe in magic, and therefor, it exists.
Now in your defensive battle you expected that magic would help you, and therefor, it did.

However on the negative side
You believed your father would become angry due to your outfit.
However when the situation was played out, appearently your expectation did not come true.

The wake ups are probally cause by the emotional surge resulting from a failed expection tied with emotions.
The graphic crashes and unconsciously flowing through the next dream, is probally cause due to the failed expection ( low or no emotion ) giving you such a "huh?" Moment, your unconsciousness seizes control.

Try to snap yourself out of these "Huh?" Moments and focus.

Stay calm&stay Hydrated ;).
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 03 Jul 2016 11:35

Thanks dane, I will try to stay calm and focus, but :? how? It's my unconscious :?

Dane

Postby Dane » 03 Jul 2016 17:38

Actually i took the assumption that you were lucid during these examples you had provided.

Next time when you are lucid and you get in a huh? Moment, try to realise it, then asap redirect your focus.
You could try the following, conjure a can of soda ( or whatever you may prefer ), and drink it.
Mind the details, feel the can in your hand, feel the liquid down your throat and taste its taste.

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 05 Jul 2016 17:34

I think I've never gone lucid, and I'm afraid my situation is getting worse.
During my 17 years of living (which consists of around 13 years of stable dreaming) I can count the nights I couldn't recall my dreams or a summary of, It's all been there, I could even recall my important dreams form a week ago (though rarely). But it's all gone now, in addition of waking up almost every 30 minutes and having a corrupted sleep, I'm now experiencing a zero recall. Which it means I cannot understand the reason of these wakings if they're linked to my dreams.
It's just mad, I need to get those information and I only have a few more days, and now, my conscious is waking me out of my dream instead of inside it.
I hope you can help. Thanks a lot.

Dane

Postby Dane » 06 Jul 2016 09:15

oeii, well first of all pardon me for my bad assumptions.

secondly...
i'm gonna do my groceries first :lol:
let me get back to you briefly. :geek:

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 06 Jul 2016 16:36

Well... is it real? :roll: No I'm writing it's definitely not. :lol:
Please help, I need those data. :(

Dane

Postby Dane » 06 Jul 2016 17:43

Well to keep it short, there is no quick answer to this situation one can give you.
Through self examination can you find the problem&solution.
Since your recall "changed", look for anything else that has "changed" in your life.
Stress, sleep deprivation, illness ?

Good luck!

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 06 Jul 2016 18:02

Well, the only thing that is changed in my life is "deciding to have a lucid dream", so the only thing that can make sense is that my brain is refusing to have one. Any other ideas?
I read many articles on the portal, but they seem of no help when I can't recall, or even maybe have dreams.
Thanks for your help though ;)

Return to “For Beginners”