A CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS FOR DOCTORAL RESEARCH ON LUCID DREAMING AND MOTOR-SKILL REFINEMENT IN THE UK

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
DSaunders

A CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS FOR DOCTORAL RESEARCH ON LUCID DREAMING AND MOTOR-SKILL REFINEMENT IN THE UK

Postby DSaunders » 07 Jul 2016 22:19

Hi everyone, I am currently seeking regular (averaging one or so a week/several per month) lucid-dreamers to be participants for a doctoral study on lucid dreaming investigating the practical benefits lucid dreams may provide for people that experience them. This is the third and final study of my thesis which is entirely focused around lucid dreaming. Aside from providing fantastic opportunities for adventure, self-discovery and spiritual development, other practical benefits of lucid dreaming are only just being explored. In this study I am interested in investigating an expected neurophysiological link between the actions performed in a lucid dream and the actions performed in waking life. The findings of which may provide us a greater understanding of how our mind interacts with our body; provide evidence for one of the potential functions of dreaming in general and more specifically inform how lucid dreams may be utilised to practice skills in domains such as dance, music, sports, gymnastics and martial arts.
The research shall be based in the London area, and comprises a 4-week study which will require a weekly meeting of approximately an hour-long each time. It is scheduled to begin July 13th at Lime-Tree Studios, Kennington, with further sessions scheduled for the 20th, 27th and August 3rd. The sessions are scheduled for the evening, beginning at 6pm, though I may make them earlier, depending on availability and interest.
The study will involve the completion of several simple motor-skill based tasks related to reaction time, hand-eye coordination and balance during these weekly meetings. Individuals will also be asked to practise the tasks, when possible within their lucid dream experiences. I am particularly looking for habitual lucid dreamers who experience a lucid dream as regularly as once per week or several times per month on average.
Due to the nature of the study people wishing to take part will need to be living within the UK at a commutable distance from London. I apologise that I am in no position to be able to provide remuneration for travel costs or time contributed to the study but I will be incredibly appreciative of anyone wishing to take part and will be happy to discuss the findings of the research with them after the trials are completed. If you would like to know more details please do e-mail me at david.saunders@northampton.ac.uk I will be only too happy to answer any of your questions.
Thank you for your interest,
Regards,
David Saunders.

Uncle Tom

Re: A CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS FOR DOCTORAL RESEARCH ON LUCID DREAMING AND MOTOR-SKILL REFINEMENT IN THE UK

Postby Uncle Tom » 17 Nov 2016 10:18

David -

Assuming you have not yet completed and published or otherwise presented your work, I am interested and would appreciate and enjoy a working quid pro quo relationship with you to exchange information on our commonly shared interest in WILD (Wake-Initiated Lucid Dreams). I am currently working on a book which approaches the subject from a direction far different than yours and for a very different purpose. Thus far I have invested a decade of time and accumulated 200,000 words of notes on dreams, their origins, purpose methods of acquisition, and control.

My name is Tom.

Return to “Dream Science”