Namaste Everyone

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Caccamo1

Namaste Everyone

Postby Caccamo1 » 12 Jul 2016 16:55

Hello everyone,

As a new lucid dreamer, well new to this mass community, I will probably bring up many 'noob-like' topics but for me when talking about a reality that seems to defy physics. I HAVE TOO MANY QUESTIONS.
I just thought I would share some of the experiences that have occurred for me so far. Only having had a handle full of experiences my relation to you 'matrix masters' will probably be limited however this is why I am here. Please reply with any thoughts, posts, books, videos.... etc I need to further this strange and unique ability.
Over the years I have had Lucid Dreams but never considered the possibility of studying or researching the idea..........idiot. But in recent years my interest in psychology/philosophy/emotion/subconscious has become a bit of a obsession. So much so I am going on to do a Philosophy/Psychology degree.
Now I have come to terms with Dream-signs and Dream-checks (forgive the noobish lingo but I am learning) and I think I'm starting get the hang on it.
I have been able to levitate but not to the extent that others seem to be able like going into space for example.
As a StarWars fan as a kid being able to use the force is something I've dreamed about (LOL) well I did. I have been able to move objects such as limes (not sure why there was limes but I bloody Jedi Minded them) which was awesome especially waking up knowing that I did that because I wanted to.
However as a thinker I have raised some questions to myself.

1. There has been lots of research to do with 'Psyche' and the possibility of our inter-linking thoughts i.e. if you have the 'feeling' that someone is looking at you and you raise your head to find that someone is actually looking at you. Given that this does exist, does this mean that in lucid dreaming you should be able to find other lucid dreamers and talk to them as though you would IRL ?
2. If the mind can store all the information it retains throughout life is it possible to access this information as a sort of mental library within the Lucid Dreaming state ?
3. Can you use Lucid dreaming to study/train or gain new skills as the information is transferable because we obviously remember being lucid IRL ?

I understand these are probably lengthy questions to answer and explain but any light to be shed on these matters would be truly appreciated. I will continue to try to find these answers myself but your experience could save some time and get me up to speed.

Many thanks

FloatGuru

Re: Namaste Everyone

Postby FloatGuru » 14 Jul 2016 20:29

1) There have been some experiments done regarding contacting someone in a dream, although I don't believe there has been a thorough enough study done with proficient lucid dreamers. The pool of subject participants is pretty small since it takes a) high level lucid dreaming abilities b) people with the dedication to try out experiments and c) people with the time to do so. Any evidence of contacting people is anecdotal at best, but I have read some things that were encouraging.

2) You can access old information stored in your brain for sure. However what's more likely is that these things will spontaneously occur in dreams. For example, seeing people you haven't seen in person for years, going to places from your childhood, etc.

3) It depends on what the new skills are. You can certainly use lucid dreaming to get creative insight if you're an artist of some kind. But if you had a chemistry test coming up, it'd probably be best to get the information from a textbook.
Looking for the Time Travelers.

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 15 Jul 2016 20:49

:) Hi Caccamo!
Seems your questions are much like mine, with a difference that I haven't yet experienced the world I'm seeking but you've been surfing it.
To ask you guru, you said gaining experience is valid in a lucid dream, but CREATING is definitely not an experience, It's probably the only thing that does not INTERACT, so it all happens in there, awake or asleep.
But I've been seeking to improve the skills that I've already learned. For example I know how to work with an assault weapon, but can I improve the way I use them? Or the way I fight? Or some skills like that, playing instruments, physical actions, artistic skills (one I'm really aiming to speed up is making up).
And welcome Caccamo, I hope you can find your answers in this small community. Sweet dreams ^_^
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

FloatGuru

Postby FloatGuru » 16 Jul 2016 03:33

This is purely conjecture, but I would think that lucid dreaming COULD help with things like using assault weapons, fighting, playing an instrument... but mostly from the mental/psychological perspective. Those things are typically improved through committing things to muscle memory... and your muscles are one thing that aren't being programmed in the dream world! However, muscle memory is only part of it. If we use the example of martial arts, using lucid dreaming to practice this would give you practice in remaining calm/focussing. It would help with your ability to keep your wits about you, since you've already "practiced" the situation.

one I'm really aiming to speed up is making up

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, Star Rogue. Could you please clarify that for me, and I'd love to provide some thoughts on the matter!

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 16 Jul 2016 12:39

Oh sorry it went a bit confusing :lol: I meant styling, putting on makeup, cause I really see it a waste of time to TRAIN this skill despite how much I love it, but the dreaming world seems a good place. Btw that was just information, probably you have no experience or expertise in it :lol: ^^

FloatGuru

Postby FloatGuru » 16 Jul 2016 23:12

You're right, I don't have any experience with makeup! :lol: However, I do have experience of looking in the mirror or looking at my face in lucid dreams... You're welcome to give it a try, but I find looking at my own face in lucid dreams, things usually get a bit weird hahaha. Might not be practical to apply makeup there.

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 17 Jul 2016 12:39

Well :lol: Weird? Ya I heard a lot about mirrors in the dreams, but the last time I saw myself in the mirror in a non-lucid dream it was working correctly.
Btw I cannot still deal with that, you say that complicated mechanical systems work well there, but not mirrors? What's the secret? Is it our subconscious trying to show us something?

FloatGuru

Postby FloatGuru » 18 Jul 2016 00:27

It's a bit complicated, so forgive me if things get confusing. And if anyone else sees things differently, they should chime in.

The "grounding tool" that I described above is not a complex mechanical system. If one were to make such a thing in the real world, I would agree that it would be quite a complex thing to build. In the dream world, though, it's does not require circuitry or anything actually mechanical. It's just a forced sensory input.

Let me explain what I mean by that. Let's say you're in a lucid dream where you have dream control, and you decide you want to see a mountain. So you turn around, and suddenly there's a beautiful landscape with an epic mountain in the center. By deciding that you wanted to see a mountain, you chose what your sense of sight would experience. You forced the sensory input as that particular visual.

Let's say you want to eat a slice of lemon in a lucid dream. You turn to your left and you see a slice of lemon on the table. You pick it up, and bite into it and you get the sensation of tasting something sour. You forced the sensory input of that particular taste.

Touch, being another sense, can work in the same way. When I say "I want there to be something that vibrates in my hand" I'll turn, open a drawer, and there will be one in there. When I say to myself "when I push this button, it will vibrate" it's the same as saying to yourself "when I bite this lemon it will be sour." It's forced sensory input for touch instead of taste.

So it's not a complex mechanical system, it's just deciding what sensations I want to experience in the dream. Does that make sense?

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 18 Jul 2016 14:04

Mmm... I get it. Well, nothing to discuss on how things work like MAGIC in the dream world so they won't need any actual mechanism, but yet, their definition, Is it processed, saved and developed by the subconscious? For example if I just say I want a sword that... say, freezes things, or I want all the trees to have pink leaves, is that functionality remembered correctly by the subconscious or we need to process it consciously each time?
And so, if I request a mirror which works like an actual mirror, will it? Or is it a kind of curse our something?

FloatGuru

Postby FloatGuru » 19 Jul 2016 06:02

In my experience, any time you want something like a sword that freezes things, having pink leaves on trees, or a mirror will all take conscious effort in a lucid dream. If there's something specific I want, I have to focus on it.

However, you can put those ideas into your subconscious so they will spawn organically. For example: if every time you look at leaves on the trees during the day, you say to yourself, "I am going to see pink leaves." Eventually you'll have a dream where you see pink leaves on trees. It could take a day, a week, a month, but giving your subconscious that message consistently will eventually get it to appear in your dream. And that could work as a reality check! If you saw pink leaves on a tree, you would know that you were in a dream.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”