On-dream GUI

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
star64rogue

On-dream GUI

Postby star64rogue » 14 Jul 2016 19:56

Hi.
I was thinking about the first time I'd go lucid, and considered about dream stabilisation, I just came up with an idea :idea:, what about adding some UI into your screen, like video games, a UI is definitely fun and it's currently only a dream which makes it a good reality check (not to mention Google glass and HoloLens).
I wanted to ask this question cuz I might get no chance having another lucid dream until a week, so it's important to stabilise the one I get so far:
Is this possible? Can my subconscious keep the UI rendered well? Can I add text to the UI? Has anyone tried this?
Thanks a lot and sweet dreams ;)
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

FloatGuru

Re: On-dream GUI

Postby FloatGuru » 14 Jul 2016 20:09

A UI would be some pretty advanced level stuff. "Electronics" don't really work in the dream world, so any text display would be pretty buggy to say the least. I might suggest reading up on some other grounding techniques. Visuals aren't the best at keeping the dream world together. Usually tactile information is best (i.e. rubbing your hands together, rubbing your feet on the ground... I buried my feet in the sand just last night and that was effective.) If you want to create something that can help, one thing I've enjoyed making is what I call a "grounding tool." Its a little hand held device that vibrates when I push a button. Every time I feel the world starting to fade away, I push and hold the button and recenter my focus.

Hope this helps! :)
Looking for the Time Travelers.

star64rogue

Postby star64rogue » 14 Jul 2016 21:05

Wow nice tool, you mean your subconscious maintains the functionality as you defined? Amazing :shock:
Judy: "He was right about one thing..."
"I don't know when to quit."

riseandfall

Postby riseandfall » 15 Jul 2016 03:24

The closest I've gotten to this is that since I have gotten decently good at photography, I sometimes have dreams where I'm trying to take a picture in the dream of something particularly beautiful that I see. The level of realism is such that sometimes the camera doesn't focus correctly, or the view I'm seeing doesn't last long enough for me to press the shutter (if I'm moving past things in the dream, for instance).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”