First to Last

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
saileigh

First to Last

Postby saileigh » 15 Jul 2016 01:28

My first lucid dream, that I can recall clearly, must've happened around 7 or 8. There was a lot going on in my life at that age so I'm not exactly surprised. A general layout of the dream, with fuzzed edges: I was in some kind of central park-esque area, surrounded by animals that I could understand, although I'm not exactly sure if they were speaking out loud. I don't remember their mouths moving. And I mean there was a variety of animals - all surrounding me, like they were protecting me from something that was "coming," but not quite there yet. And although I can remember the feel/energy of whatever it was, I can't remember a physical form for it.
So I was as I appeared at 7/8 in this dream, small and thin with long dirty-blonde hair, barefoot, and I was wearing a brown shift for some reason. All of the animals are kind of moving around me, trying to sort themselves out and get in some kind of order, and a donkey that was only up to my shoulder turns to me and tells me I have to take "this," which turns out to be a gold locket. I don't remember details of it, only the feel of it as the donkey put it in my hand (from his mouth) and there was a sense of urgency there, and that whatever was coming was coming, and then I woke up.

At this point I want to make clear that when I lucid dream, if I'm in the dream I'm almost always watching myself. It's like being in the corner of the room and seeing what's happening. Rarely, I'm in my body during the dream and seeing my body as I would in real life - ie, not my face, not my back.

Most recently I had a lucid dream the other night. I have a friend staying with me temporarily, who is in a relationship and her boyfriend is thousands of miles away (in the coast guard). A few weeks ago an ex-boyfriend from high school, who is still very close to my brother, stayed over and we were amicable. No hard feelings or desires (...or maybe there are? Not sure after this).
Last night after a few other dreams (I wake up repeatedly through the night) I'm suddenly lucid mid-dream and hanging out with a group of people, including my ex, who is joking around with me and putting his arm around my waist/pulling me against his side, pretty much being physical the way you would be with someone you were dating. And I'm laughing the whole time.
In the last few minutes of the dream, he's got his arms wrapped around my waist and his head against my collarbone, and I'm looking over his shoulder at my friend - who is there with her boyfriend. Somehow she asks me a question without saying it aloud, and I say back to her "We're getting back together," and there isn't any weight behind the words, just kind of innocent general contentment, and she doesn't seem to have any strong reaction to it, just nods along with her boyfriend, and then I wake up.

That was an interesting one because I've had literal years to think about IF that situation came up, and I can assure you that there aren't any other feelings lying around about it. I'm happily in a relationship right now and not looking for anything else.
But this has got me thinking again about the idea of dreams carrying messages from the waking world, and if that's the case there has to be some meaning behind it. My working theory, in that aspect, is that I've always been dissatisfied with how we left everything - on slightly disappointing terms - when we were happy together, but heading in very different directions (and currently existing in very different circumstances, that would have/will require a lot of letting-go-of-ones-dreams on the part of one of us). So I may just be exploring and remembering that happiness, instead of focusing on the bitterness of the breakup.

Any thoughts/opinions about any of the above?

saileigh

Re: First to Last

Postby saileigh » 15 Jul 2016 01:33

And just to clarify, even though this is a lucid dreaming forum - I have repeated thoughts throughout these dreams that I'm dreaming/might wake up soon. For example, in the latest dream, while everyone was joking around I had a private thought of "Oh, so this is a dream" (probably triggered by the realization that there didn't seem to be solid ground) and throughout the rest I simply observed what was happening, had thoughts to myself of "that's weird, I'm not seeing Jay - I'm dating Phil," and "This is probably because he stayed over a few weeks ago" etc.

Although I can also break into dreams and interact by moving my dream-body or changing the surroundings/situations, sometimes I simply observe. These two dreams are examples of me observing instead of choosing to act. It's usually more out of curiosity, although I think the initial dream when I was a kid was me not really knowing at that point that I could interact.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”