Does FILD require you to lay down on your back?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jamepig1

Does FILD require you to lay down on your back?

Postby jamepig1 » 16 Jul 2016 05:35

Can I lay sideways while moving my fingers, or do I have to lay on back? I find it difficult to fall asleep while having my back against my bed for some reason. After the first LD I had while trying FILD for the first time I've been having so success since. I tend to not be able to fall asleep and my mind goes crazy into different directions, like my mind just keeps imagining and thinking about things on its own. Can any expert help me with this? Is there an easy method like FILD that I can try to do to have a successful LD? Thank you in advance!

jamepig1

Re: Does FILD require you to lay down on your back?

Postby jamepig1 » 16 Jul 2016 05:36

I also read somewhere that WBTB also yields very good results for beginners as well, maybe I should try that method instead?

Dane

Re: Does FILD require you to lay down on your back?

Postby Dane » 17 Jul 2016 09:42

Although i've never tried FILD, when i lie on my side my mind falls asleep too fast, and lying on my back prevents that.
Your wandering mind is an issue i can relate to, but what has really worked for me breathing meditation, and a visualisation technique.
Flowers for example, and when your mind does wander again, refrain from frustration, but gently take it back to where you wish it to be ;)

A WBTB is very effective but would best be used in combination of various technique.
Experiment and see what works best for you 8-)

Best of Luck matey!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “For Beginners”